Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I research the more I get confused. Need someone to set me straight please. I have an 06 ZX4. I'd like to upgrade to SVT front brakes. There us a set off an 02 on craigslist. If I'm correct, I can use that on my 06, provided I change the front struts. They appear to be 02-04 only, although the strut mounts are identical. These look to be 11.81 front rotors, so can I assume I can keep my early 16" wheels with no problem. I saw a set of SVT 16 rims for sale, and they looked like they may have more backspace than my regular 16's. Anyway, if someone can give me the straight poop I'd appreciate it...

thanks...

Ken in Pa.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Use the brakes from an '05-'07 Focus ST.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I put SVT front brakes (and springs, shocks and struts) on my '05 ST. They all bolted on with no issues. Ford changed the '06 and '07 suspension, so an Omni kit from Massive is required for the SVT suspension. I'm pretty sure the brakes will bolt onto your '06. If you determine that they won't, I still have my old '05 ST brakes (40K mi.) which I will sell. There were several threads on this same subject here years ago. Try searching. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis.

Front brakes alone can be bolted on without changing knuckles/struts.

There weren't any "SVT" 16" wheels BTW.

And yes 16" is the smallest that usually works, only a few 15" rims have clearance to fit.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis.

Front brakes alone can be bolted on without changing knuckles/struts.

There weren't any "SVT" 16" wheels BTW.

And yes 16" is the smallest that usually works, only a few 15" rims have clearance to fit.
no SVT Focus wheels but 16" SVT Contour wheels perhaps [;)] I dont have oem 16" focus wheels to test fit but id assume they will work. I have a set of 16" cougar wheels that fit fine.

I swapped to the front SVT brakes, very easy for 06. The calipers/bracket bolt right in, used my existing ss brake lines as well. You can even buy the parts needed from most part stores in like new re-manufactured quality. Just need semi-loaded calipers (bracket/caliper,) just know there will be a core charge, so you will need to return your old calipers. Then your choice of svt pads/rotors.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Got me there, I was only thinking of Focus versions and forgot about swaps from the Contour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts