Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just ordered this from mcnews and im wondering whether it will bolt up to the stock flex or if im gonna have to get a larger one. i plan on getting the focussport one but the funds didnt line up to get both at once. and before i get asked the question, i spoke with someone at mcnews prior to the purchase and he is including a piece of pipe to be welded in so that the tip will line up on my sedan.

im also going to put on a fc race header with the borla, will this stay quiet? is there anything that i will need for the install of all this, gaskets, bolts, etc.?

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
hmm as for being quiet guess it will with the resonator, but only quieter then a catback without it lol. Um i believe that it does bolt up to the stoke flex but u have to drill new holes or something. Id say if you are getting a race header, dont bother with the stock flex, wait a while till you have some money and get a new flex from focus central or something. Alittle less hassle.

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
You really need to do an aftermarket flex to make it fit, it is REALLY a squeeze with the stocker. It will be queit until you do a race header, then the noise will go up about 30% or so...

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im willing to deal with a little more noise, i just want to avoid the mrbr syndrome. im really wanting to get this installed next weekend so i think i may just bolt it up to the stock flex for the moment. what do i need, i was told that ill need bolts and a gasket for the race header. id like a detailed list of what ill need so that i wont have any big suprises when i install it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
To bolt the SVT Borla to a ZETEC stock flex-pipe, you will need to waddle the holes out on the flex-pipe so the exhaust flange holes line up correctly. If you plan on going with a header, wait and just do all of the exhaust at once. Will make for one jack up on the car, so you dont have to hassle with it. If you are getting the header later, then go ahead and bolt your exhaust up.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the header right now, and the exhaust will be here late next week. i just really want to put it on. ill just wait on the header and do just e exhaust until i get the flex. i have to get o2 cheaters first anyway.

but no one is answering my question...to actually bolt up the borla do i need anything or is EVERYTHING included?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
The SVT Borla is a nice edition to complete a full exhaust. Also a flex pipe has been also proven to add a few ponies with a completed exhaust. But the SVT Borla doesn't narrow down to match the Flex Pipe of a No SVT. To whereas the SVT Borla is the same diameter all the way through so that it bolts up to the flex pipe of the SVT and also has the added bonus of a extra resonator. Most cat-backs are make for a non-SVT and shrink down to a lil bit to where they match up with the stock flex of a non-SVT Zetec or SPI. It makes it easier to have an aftermarket flex pipe to bolt up your cat back, but isn't needed.

Also make sure you get all of your gaskets needed for the header and the flex pipe and the cat-back. You can re-use the old ones if you have to, but it's a good idea to change it out while it's off. You'll never get them to sit right after you take them off the first time. Everything should be included to install the header. For the Cat-back Just make sure you have a cutter of some sort to cut the exhaust before the rear suspension so you can take it out without any problems. Then the SVT Borla should bolt right up with the supplied hardware. Also make sure you spray the rubber things with WD40 so you can slide them off easily and put the new ones in.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought the header used for 125, i dont have any of the things that it came with. im hoping that someone sells what i need.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Go to a local autoparts store (Autozone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, ect.) and pick some up.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
so your header is from FC and you dont have the bolts or gasket that came with it? if that is the case, just call them up, tell them you bought it used and would like the bolts and gaskets that is supposed to come with it.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
You can get a complete bolt and gasket set for the header from myFordperformance...http://www.intakesandexhaust.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=70_30_41&products_id=118
I bought it when I put my OBX 4-2-1 on, it comes with everything you need, although some people will say you don't need all new bolts for a header installation. I figure why not?

For gaskets between the flex and catback, if you stick with the stock flex you'll be able to either reuse the gasket you already have, or go with an OE replacement. If you're stepping up to a 2.5" flex, just take the flexpipe into an autoparts store and tell them you need an exhaust gasket that will match the flange. I took mine to advance autoparts and they let me go in the back and sort throught the bins. The same is true if you're retaining the stock cat-the original or an OE replacement gasket will work fine, but if you're getting an ORP or highflow cat you'll need gaskets that fit.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, got the borla put on today and i love it. it took a roughly 4" extension to make the tailpipe line up properly and they had to slot the bolt holes in the first flange for the resonator, but its on. i cant believe how quiet it is, but thats good cause the cops around here hate compact cars (they only like muscle cars and trucks).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts