Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I totaled my pampered (low mileage) SVT [?|] and am replacing it with (tentatively) with a high mileage 2006 sedan ST (wing and all). I have all the SVT parts and lots of performance parts which i would like to swap over to the 2006 ST. I am wondering which will be transferable. Any help is appreciated..

6spd Getrag transaxle
Suspension including sway bars
Brakes with SS lines
Borla 2.5 in cat back (slight cutting?)
center console (with 6spd short shifter)
seats
rear subwoofer

anything else??

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
The suspension would go, but only with the Massive Omni-Kit. Not sure about the sway bars. Exhaust should go but there would have to be some modification since the ST has two cats. Seats should work. Rear subwoofer won't fit in the trunk, but it could with some modification to it. It wouldn't be worth the time or effort to change out the transmission. Brakes and SS lines should go as well. If I remember right, you will need the steering knuckle from the SVT to make the front brakes to work. I am not certain about the center console fitting either.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The suspension would go, but only with the Massive Omni-Kit. Not sure about the sway bars. Exhaust should go but there would have to be some modification since the ST has two cats. Seats should work. Rear subwoofer won't fit in the trunk, but it could with some modification to it. It wouldn't be worth the time or effort to change out the transmission. Brakes and SS lines should go as well. If I remember right, you will need the steering knuckle from the SVT to make the front brakes to work. I am not certain about the center console fitting either.
To add to all this^^^^^^
Front brakes bolt right on. For the rear 11''s replace the caliper brackets w/ the svt's & the rotor's & your golden for the brakes. You might have to reweld the flex flange to use the exhaust. The sway bars are the same= 21/20mm. For the seats= If your st has side air bag option, you'll have to mod the svt seats or somehow rewire the air bag module. I'd also do a bsd plug to the motor.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you don't mind losing your secondary cat the SVT exhaust bolts right on; though like an above poster said it will be tight around the gas tank but should fit. It might have to be extended out some since it is going on a sedan (not sure). I am running an SVT HKS 2.36" cat-back on my car (however it is round). By the way you and your SVT look great in your user avatar.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind losing your secondary cat the SVT exhaust bolts right on; though like an above poster said it will be tight around the gas tank but should fit. It might have to be extended out some since it is going on a sedan (not sure). I am running an SVT HKS 2.36" cat-back on my car (however it is round). By the way you and your SVT look great in your user avatar.
Thanks for the shout-out Ariel. [thankyou] I already have a Cosworth header and flex so hoping my Borla will bolt right up. Noise? don't know yet but will report on when i get it on [burnout]

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for the shout-out Ariel. [thankyou] I already have a Cosworth header and flex so hoping my Borla will bolt right up. Noise? don't know yet but will report on when i get it on [burnout]
You are very welcome Sonja. Others say loud with header and exhaust but yet at the track my car is nowhere near as loud as all motor Hondas so I guess it depends on the person. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts