Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a few ? about the svt block. ok i blew my motor i had a oil leak and knocked a rod and the block has small hole. so im thinking i should buy just the block and rebuild it or buy just the whole motor. now if i do build the block i wanted to know wat pistons and rod to use?

·
Registered
784 Posts
do you mean you just want to re-build a block or re-build a forged internal block. you can get stock pistons and rods from ford for like 150 bucks, or forged stuff for around 800.

it might be hard to find a drop in SVT motor, even if you do its gona cost you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rebuild the block with the ford pistons and rods but im thinking about the forged internal im doing only pistons and rods. im not 100 percent shore weather im going to re-build the block im just going some info.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if ur going NA, its prolly not worth it, just get a stock block. if you do a serious NA build and plan on using race fuel, then go forged internals. If not, then just go OEM.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
you can get stock pistons and rods from ford for like 150 bucks......
I "think" its more like $135 per piston/rod combo (rings come on them)..... so you'll need 4 of them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I "think" its more like $135 per piston/rod combo (rings come on them)..... so you'll need 4 of them.
thats where they get you... the rings

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
With the price of rod/rings/pistons from Ford unless you can find some lightly used ones I would just get the eagle rods and your choice pistons. It won't be a great deal more and you will have a better engine for doing so.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea im not going with forged internals im just going to buy the whole motor. thanks for the info and ideas guys.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
will this is how it blow i was driving home from playing pool and i had a oil leak, my friend got me some oil and we want to my house and on my way to my home i was going around a sharp curve and going into the curve the oil pressure gauge drop following the light, it came on i a few sec's and within them few sec's i heard a knock. a couple of days later want to investigate and find out i had knock a rod and i had a small hole in the block. i wasnt even speeding..!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts