Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I take right hand turns in my car the back end shakes really bad (side to side, booty shake). I have replace left side suspension pieces, new tires, allignment, ect, does anyone have any ideas? I have a small theroy:

I had hit a deer about 2 years ago now. Say my car was hit in the rear drivers side befor I had it and it tweaked the frame? Well it may have??? tweaked the front end and the back at the same time.(so this way the car was used to it because it was the same). If when I hit the deer(front end) and they fixed the radiator support and put it back to factor(just the front) does anyone think that its now off because of the rear main suspension piece is off? It had no shake before the accident what so ever!! Also replaced wheel bearing on right rear, and left is fine.

Help!!!! I absolutely have no clue as to w.t.f. is going on, I am at my wits end with this car it is driving me crazy, please help me fix this please!!!![wrenchin][ohcrap]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Check your rear trailing arm bushings. They are by far the largest bushing on the car and typically wear out and need replacing over time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Check your rear trailing arm bushings. They are by far the largest bushing on the car and typically wear out and need replacing over time.
I agree, i work for bmw and the 3 series has a similar setup with the trailing arms and when the bushing go bad in them the back end will walk all over the place.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that the whole piece has been replaces. And it still does it, if the rear frame is tweaked would that make a huge difference? I'm just getting soooo fustrated!!!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
wheel bearing could be worn or even slightly loose or the adjustment bolts could be missing their washers which will also cause suspension movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts