Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post here... Does anyone happen to know the dimensions or have a cross-section with dimensions of the SVT half shafts? I'm researching to find out what I need to do to fit the getrag transmission to my zx2. If the axles turn out to be the same size, it's all smooth sailing.

I have a 2000-2004 ford cd which has the info on my zx2 but doesn't have those dimensions on the focus. ...it doesn't have a whole lot about the svt period.

Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
SVT have a diffrent Cd Ill trake a look when I go into work later and see. Why are you attempting a Getrag ins a ZX2? The 5 speed in it with the zetec does better on the track than a MTX-75 and the Getrag?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not all performance mods are for the 1/4. The 5 speed in the zx2 is weak for a built/turbo motor (my next performance project after the tranny) and my zx2 is an auto. There are benefits to the getrag over the mtx-75 being that 6th gear giving a higher top speed and the simple fact that to my knowledge this will be the first 6 speed zx2 makes the swap more than worth it to me. Even if it's not the first, it will be a very rare swap and having driven a fsvt I know I won't be disappointed.

...and any info you have to pass along will be greatly appreciated.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Call Marty at Raxles or contact him by www.raxles.com Super nice guy and knows his stuff. They are located in Florida. 888-257-8192. He makes custom axles like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you. I found my answer thru a how-to at teamzx2 on swapping in the mtx-75. I can just use the inner joints from the focus half shafts and put the zx2 shafts in that joint to make it fit. I'll need to figure out the electronics eventually but at least I know that I can in fact fit it and make it work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts