Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright have a question for you Audio Guys.

I am wanting an 8" SUB and at least 300w amp to replace the Stock ones.

The sub and amp MUS FIT in stock locations, I do not want a visible amp in my trunk.

Any tips? Links?

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
use your stock amp and get a JL sub i know a bunch of people on here use that setup...

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
You arent going to be able to get a 300 watt rms amp to fit the stock one. That amp is tiny! Even to find a 300 watt sub to fit the stock box will be a tough one. I wish you luck[thumb]

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You arent going to be able to get a 300 watt rms amp to fit the stock one. That amp is tiny! Even to find a 300 watt sub to fit the stock box will be a tough one. I wish you luck[thumb]
Ok well how about a 200W?

What I am really trying to do, is get a little more bass and get rid of the factory wiring that I had to splice into.

(Im sure you all know what I mean)

Anyone have an upgraded amp/sub in the factory location?

Also I herd the JL subs had a few problems, I read a couple have blown.

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
uh well their is the stealth boxes... i think JL makes em... you could look in to that if im right it comes with an amp built in...

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i put a Memphis 250 mono amp in the stock location with a Pioneer 500w 10" in the stock location. sounds so so nice. this is done with a Sony HU and none of the OEM sub wiring used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Subwoofer

I like the mtx thunderform with the class D amp built in. All you need to do is run a set of subwoofer preouts from your head unit to it and your bass needs are pretty much set. I like the way the JL stealthbox looks over the mtx unit but the JL is like 500$ with no built in amp and the mtx has a sub and amp for like 250$.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
pioneer premier 8" svc shalow woofer. it can run of the stock sup and support up to 500 watts of power at its peak. (rms is 250-300)
i ahve one in a post 02 box. after sealing the hole in back and mount area with plumbers putty she pounds really good. if you really need an amp get an alpine pdx series. the really small box like one. build a very shallow fapse floor and hide it there. or put it under the passenger seat. or up in the bottom of the dashboard.(under steering wheel might have enough room, or in glovebox) i ahve pics of mine but just ignore the amp.

there it is. and this sucker rocks (cant hear it well outside the car but thats irrelevant hwen you can pass a cop at midnight and not have to turn it down)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

found a second pic.

i'll get a link to the subs specs.

this fits with no cutting. jsut drill new holes (6 bolts instead of 8)
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSS2541/Pioneer-TS-SW2541D.html?tp=111

the link is for the ten. which can handle 1,000 watts max but the spec for teh 8 are almost the same. i got my 8" off eaby for around 80 bucks shipped.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i put a Memphis 250 mono amp in the stock location with a Pioneer 500w 10" in the stock location. sounds so so nice. this is done with a Sony HU and none of the OEM sub wiring used.
This sounds interesting. Did you port out the 8" factory box?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and thanks Killer for the links that also looks interesting.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts