Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone got a quick question for you all. can anyone tell me the really important differences between the focus svt and the focus zx3. thanks alot

·
Fistpumping = 5whp
2,158 Posts
The SVT is the high performance version, also has all the better stuff in it.

The SVT can get better power gains for less money than the ZX3 unless you get a 04 ZX3 with a D23 engine, then it's much closer with the hp/$ ratio.
The SVT comes "tuned" from the factory, as where the ZX3 is the base focus that cost less and has the weaker engine, and in short. SVT>ZX3

SVT--------------ZX3
6spd------------5spd
170hp----------130hp
leather---------cloth
215/45/17 ----195/60/15 or 205/50/16

MSN auto's has a much better detailed comparison chart.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Bumpers, side skirts, headlight, grill, wheels, tires, color match mirror covers/door ding strip, brakes, trans, engine, suspension, seats, gauges, stereo, steering rack, exhaust, limited production, build number…

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Same block except svt has oil squirters, and a better head with basically stage 3 cams and the best header ever.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Same block except svt has oil squirters, and a better head with basically stage 3 cams and the best header ever.
Don't forget bits of fairy dust, and a pizza maker...

Wait... What?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
basically, the SVT has different sporty exterior styling (side skirts and bumpers and mirrors), it has 40 more hp, has sport suspension that's lowered about .75" and rides bettery, and has more options available (full leather, power everything, heated seats and mirrors, extra gauges, colored seats and door inserts). if you can get your hands on one, i'd say get an svt, theyre worth it. the zx3 is a plain focus with different options and less hp. fun, but not as nice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't forget bits of fairy dust, and a pizza maker...
I totally WISH!!!

Pretty much these two cars have the same chassis, engine block, a few interior pieces, and various other small things.... Just about EVERYTHING is different and better too..

The most important ones I would say would be the engine (+40hp), the tranny (6sp getrag), the brakes (+1in bigger up front and discs in the rear), and the suspension (-.75in drop and much better handling). O and that pizza maker option THAT I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT!! [rofl]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Google brought me to this thread. Sorry for the old thread bump.

I have a 2006 regular ZX3. I recently saw a wrecked SVT for sale and it got me thinking I need to upgrade some parts on my base model car.

Mainly thinking suspension and brakes. Can I just bolt on the SVT brakes all the way around? Same master cyl? Will they clear my 15" wheels or do I need 17's?
This will probably be the first thing I upgrade since I'm due for brakes anyways.

On the suspension, Are the struts or control arms different? or just the coil springs?

( I missed out on buying the wrecked SVT, so I'll probably be buying all new parts )

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would be nice to know this when I bought my first card and focus XD I have ZX3... now I fell dirty. I have so many issues with back bearings and engine supports... I think I want the best engine now :(

BTW.. it has drum brakes instead disk in back. Can that be change?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts