Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

A big box, but what could it be?

Seat parts from the UK? Now that sort of narrows it down but what seat parts?

Oh sweet my low profile European specification out board rear head restraints have arrived safely.

Look just how much bigger the usdm head restraints are above the seat level when fully down.

So much better looking, better rear visibility without the unfinished appearance of removed outboard restraints when the seats aren't occupied.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
How much where they? Did it take long to arrive from across the pond?
They weren't exactly inexpensive, at around 307.9 GBP including shipping for the pair.

These Head Restraints are “refered” at Ford.
Refered parts come in form Ford Germany.
Refered parts can take take 21-30 days to arrive but generally it is quicker than this
They quoted up to a month, but even with the delay of having to go the next day to the post office to pick the package up it was only around 9 calendar days from order to delivery and 10 from quote to delivery.

I just read this...I was referring to that green color wanna be ST. Lol
Um it wasn't exactly a wanna be ST since anyone who knew the Focus ST knew it was not available in Frosted Glass. If anything it was more of a tribute car than a clone. Had it been Ingot Silver or any of the factory ST colors I'd be inclined to agree with you.

The options were to convert the SEL over piece by piece over the course of many years but it would never actually be an ST, or to get the ST that I ended up really wanting, but I do miss that color a lot as you don't see very many Focus in this color at all as it was also only a 1 year color and model.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts

A big box, but what could it be?

Seat parts from the UK? Now that sort of narrows it down but what seat parts?

Oh sweet my low profile European specification out board rear head restraints have arrived safely.

Look just how much bigger the usdm head restraints are above the seat level when fully down.

So much better looking, better rear visibility without the unfinished appearance of removed outboard restraints when the seats aren't occupied.

Niiiice!!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I want I want I want I want I want.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

What a difference an extra inch makes in wheel width, but the bigger difference is the tire compounds. The all season tire has many more grooves or sipes cut into it's flank for better traction in snow or gravel, but the summer performance tire is set up to carve through asphalt up to a higher adhesion level.

18x8 wheels/summer tires on again, hopefully for more than 3 months (winter was long this past year so not holding too much hope).

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Oww.... I'm blind.....

That wiring harness is so sad.... No one can say Ford doesn't have a sense of humor or irony in their part naming conventions.

Active grille shutters

That's what the shutter assembly looks like off the car.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
On a bright note I put on the ST Octane Academy badges today.

The front was far more difficult to get the glue and foam off by hand though.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

That's odd, there's a Focus parked next to my ST instead of my Crown Victoria, now what could that be doing there?

Is it a 2012, a 2013, or a 2014 from this angle and how can you tell?

It's a 2012 Focus SE Sport package sedan and being a 2012 the only way to have the signal mirrors was to have what package again?

The winter package with heated signal mirrors and heated seats of course.

Wait is it a manual?

Yeah it's a manual alright. [driving]

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Nice choice ;)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08