Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here she was on 5/3/12 when I picked her up from the dealership some 37 days after ordering her.

New hotness parked besides my old car which was later signed over to my father.

30% tint on all the passenger windows, and 50% on the front w/s.

I don't have any pictures of the MS3 RMM install, or the K&N cone filter though.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The Planet Express ship is reporting for duty.

That was a bit tricker than I thought it would be.

A word of caution, the 3M dual lock kit doesn't seem to work well at cold temperatures when its very humid like it was here, that and don't use nylon screws/ bolts they tend to fail catastrophically and can cause damage to the rest of the grille when trying to remove them.

Keep a pair of vice grips handy for that occasion or go and buy them, and get some metal self tapping screws.

The generic plate frame from customeuropeanplates.com does not fit the hole locations of the stock plate frame mounting holes, so if you line one up the other doesn't fit at all, so be prepared to drill in new holes in that case.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ST Reproduction spoiler installed 1/19/13 in Frosted Glass

Before.

During the swap

And after

I think this is probably the only ST wing or wing replica to ever be painted in P9 - Frosted Glass.

It looks great.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On a wing and a prayer my car is starting to aesthetically take shape despite a few mishaps along the way.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Were those 16s factory? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Do you still have them?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Were those 16s factory? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Do you still have them?
These 16" wheels were the standard SEL alloy wheel, which was allegedly to also become the standard wheel for the 2013 SE before the SE sport wheels became the standard ones instead. I see a few sets on some cars, but they aren't as common.

Yes I still have my 16" wheels, no one has expressed any interest other than a minor inquiry about the tread depth, which I don't have an accurate way to measure. I'm seeing conflicting results with a ruler, a cheap plastic/ cardboard card from a store trying to sell tires, and the penny and quarter tests.

Something between 6-8/32nds on all four tires which seems a bit low given the rears hadn't worn at all in the first 5300 miles before they were rotated.

Were you interested in them?

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Maybe, I'm half considering switching to 16s. I was trying to get my ish together before you got those 17s, as I would've just traded you...but I can probably sell mine and get enough money to buy those should I want to do it.

But I'm still not 100% sure though. The more popular 16" wheels I think look like hell, but yours aren't half bad.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I finally was able to park next to the Frosted Glass Escape at work this morning and snap a few pictures before rushing into the office or getting yelled at for using a phone camera at or near work.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
That wing + those wheels + FG = amazing.

Best Frosted Glass, hands down.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Ooh Shiny. Its so bright that it washed out some of the details in the sun, and due to it being ice cold outside and I was soaked through from brushing off the snow I didn't get many good pictures of it today.

Yes the threads on the stock plastic cap are merely cosmetic basically, its only held in by being slightly mis aligned with the guide pins, so you just line them up and then it falls beautifully into place, turn it a bit so they aren't lined up again and it won't pull off.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Do you get any hassle from the police with your front being fully tinted? I am in the market to get my tint done, and hate the way it looks with a strip of tint, and your looks like you had the whole thing done.

Btw, I want your wheels. Lol. All I see around here at the standard SE alloy, never the ones you have.

Anything to make my mk3 just a little more unique in my town. :)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you get any hassle from the police with your front being fully tinted? I am in the market to get my tint done, and hate the way it looks with a strip of tint, and your looks like you had the whole thing done.

Btw, I want your wheels. Lol. All I see around here at the standard SE alloy, never the ones you have.

Anything to make my mk3 just a little more unique in my town. :)
Which wheels? The stock 16" or my new 17"?

So far nope I've never so much as gotten pulled over yet.

Front windshield is 50%, everything else is 30% of the higher end dark matter film, was supposed to be good for heat rejection. Its not too dark, so I can still be seen and I'll wear sunglasses to get the extra tint level I need to deal with the glare from the sun rather than go with 5% or something stupid dark that you can't see out of in the dark.

I don't generally draw too much attention normally, at least as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Which wheels? The stock 16" or my new 17"?

So far nope I've never so much as gotten pulled over yet.

Front windshield is 50%, everything else is 30% of the higher end dark matter film, was supposed to be good for heat rejection. Its not too dark, so I can still be seen and I'll wear sunglasses to get the extra tint level I need to deal with the glare from the sun rather than go with 5% or something stupid dark that you can't see out of in the dark.

I don't generally draw too much attention normally, at least as far as I can tell.
Your new wheels.

My goal for the tint is to help a little with the heat. I know the black is gonna get pretty warm without it -_-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just going to tease this right now:

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Focus at the airport near the entrance to the terminal entrance to head towards the shuttle to the other terminal where the flight was leaving from.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts