Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 17" wheels and wanted to buy the H&R cup kit suspention kit from focussport.com and was wondering if i am going to have clearance issuses with my wheels, cause the suspension is quoted at dropping the car some 2.5"-2.75". Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
If I'm not mistaken...I'm pretty sure you might have some issues with that....check out the suspension thread...frush did a great job reviewing each suspension kit you can buy and I believe the HR cup kit has some clearance issues because if I remember right that's what he had and he rolled his fenders....I could be wrong so don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
NVM....found it for ya. [:D] And I was right.

thefrush said:

H&R Cup Kit

Somewhere in the 200's.

2.75"

$625+

Very extreme drop, and a rather stiff ride. Not for those in search of comfort. However, I had this kit for about 6 months and I loved every minute of it. It was extremely well balanced, looked amazing, and wasn't too rough. It does require either low profile tires or fender modification to avoid tire rubbing, however. With an H&R Rear Sway Bar to compliment it, this kit simply rotated. Felt like RWD at times.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would be the profile of tire frush had on his car? i cant tell if it is a 35 or a 40 from the picture. i have 40 series profile and they are a fairly low profile tire.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
If I had to guess, stock SVT tire size. 215/45 17's

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i guess if i would have taken a closer look at the tire i would have notice. i wonder if my lower profile tire will give me enough clearence for the suspension then.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
What size tire do you have? I know you said 40 series but width of the tire has to do with how tall the sidewall is. all 40 series tires aren't the same sidewall height.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the 205 width tire.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Oh yeah, you should be good then. You have a smaller width and smaller profile. The profile of the tire is determined by the width and the second number if you didn't already know. The sidewall height is determined by the second number which is the percentage of the width of the tire..so width determines the height as well as the profile number.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now i know this maybe a dumb question but with this kit am i going to need to purchase camber plates? thanks for the help and information

1 - 10 of 10 Posts