Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey dose anyone know where I can get a suspension kit for the 06 ZX3? Ive looked and mostly find 05 and older. I heard there are couple of things different on the 06 and the 05 kits wont fit. I think the H&R cup kit might fit but not certin. Looking to lower the car at least 2" to 2.5". If anyone knows where I can get a kit let me know.
Thanks
Harry[idea]

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
If you get '05 front spindles any kit fitting the '05 will work. The big difference is the front struts on the '06 are something like 5mm wider, so the skinnier old struts won't fit in the top of the spindle.

So far, I believe there's only springs and rear shocks available for the '06. A lot of the suspension companies don't want to make a full-blown kit for the '06 Focus because there's a major redesign coming in 2007 which may change the suspension again, and they don't want to devote the resources to making parts for a single-year car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Im looking for performance shocks for the 06 Focus also.................anyone know where to find em?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i though eibach had something out now for the 06 models...

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've been through some trouble regarding the HR cup kit- bottom line is it won't fit your 06 ZX3. I have the same car, and found out first hand that it won't work. Actually, I just got my refund from CarDomain today for returning it.

From what I've learned, there are a few springs sets out there- I have a set of Eibachs on the way now- but the only company that I believe makes shock/ struts that will work is Tociko (spelling might be wrong there). Steeda is selling that kit if you call and ask for it, it's just not shown on their web site.

I've called a few places (Eibach, Koni, etc) to see when shocks/ struts will be available for the 06 cars, and have been told not to hold my breath, essentially, with the possibility that they won't even bother making them for a single year car. Kinda made me wish I hadn't traded in my 03 sedan...

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The Eibach Pro kit part# is 35108.140. That is for the '06 and newer.

·
Registered
696 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
The Eibach Pro kit part# is 35108.140. That is for the '06 and newer.

Where did you find that? I went to eibach's site and didn't see it for 2006s.

[8]

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
couldnt find the eibach's kit but found the steeda springs. Kind of wanted a whole kit or coilovers. The springs only lower the car 1.5" and then how long do I have till I have to replace the struts from wear of the springs? Wanted more of a drop like 2.0" to 3.0".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts