Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Suspension?

2K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
Hey Guys I have a 2003 Sedan and I need to replace my suspension soon was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on certain Brands/Kits to use. I saw that Ford racing makes a kit that upgrades the stock to the same as the SVT anybody have this kit on their car? or SVT guys hows the suspension on your cars? Thanks.

#2 ·
Svt suspension is quite nice allows for a Little fun to happen but any hard driving is limited since itll keep your car as high as an atv.

What was your end goal? What kind of driving do you like?

#3 ·
Its Just my daily but i do enjoy a little "spirited" driving every once in awhile. I'm in Wisconsin so I dont know how low I want to go but I have a set of 17" rims that im planning on putting on in spring. What kind of effect does the ride height have on the size of rim you can put on?

#4 ·
Depends a lot on tires too. If you go with svt I would worry at all.

Svt is probably best as s daily that can be fun. Don't feel potholes very much neither cracks or small things of that nature. Limited hard cornering ability. Can keep stock struts.

Vogtland will give a nice ride still but is 1.5" lower. You'll also have a much stiffer ride around corners. The progressive rate isn't very progressive, it's more or less instant stiffness once you turn the wheel. You'll feel pot holes now but don't worry about damage. You won't feel cracks and small thing like that anymore than stock/svt. Hard cornering ability, can keep stock struts for awhile.

Eibach 1.5" drop, never actually driven thoroughly on them. However from what I gather you'll still feel potholes just the same as vogtlands. However these springs are not progressive, so you'll notice all the little cracks and such. Just like the vogtlands still have hard cornering ability. Can keep stock struts for awhile.

H&R 2" drop. These are race spring don't expect any comfort whatsoever. These provide the best cornering ability and responsiveness. Also be sure to drop cash on upgraded struts as you will need them.

Struts that match are a good idea for any of these but are not required at first. (Except h&r)

As you can see I drive a 00 sedan as well. Sup buddy, when you're bored check out sedan revolution in the owners club spot.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input nboyles85737 I appreciate it. Ill probably end up going with the SVT kit from ford as you said it would probably be the best blend of comfort and performance. Another question what your tires of choice? And ill definitely check out sedan revolution.

#6 ·
Haha not so much performance but performance is there XD its good for a DD, vogtland is the other DD.

I like neo gens from nitto. Look for ~280 tw and a AAA tire rating

#8 ·
^^ It's great to have two sets of wheels (for those of us not living where it's usually warm) so we can optimize the Summer tires for the intended dry/wet uses.

Leave the winter set for the cold/wet/snow anticipated when we can't have quite as much fun - lets you enjoy Winter more as well when you can zoom instead of just barely getting by.

#13 ·
You'll quickly notice Bruce loves the west coast. And certain cars, right now he's stuck on the z28.

Az is nice, don't need a hoodie for the time being. Jeans and shorts will do you just fine.

The plan you have is good, get nice fun summer tires and get snows for the winter months.

Should we show him all the big threads Bruce? Or let him find his way?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.