Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my plan was to lower my car this spring however I've decided to go full out on my suspension. Anyone with eibach lowering springs and the steeda sway bar notice a difference? I also found a front and rear sway bar kit I may get. I've had them on my subaru and noticed a big difference.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Start with springs first, then think about your swaybar. If money is no option then do coil overs, if available.

Remember that traction is best had with all four wheels on the ground. Too big of a rear bar vs. front and you are going to lift your inside rear wheel. Its good practice to do springs then figure out your needs from there.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
If you want to go full out on your suspension you're going to need a little more than springs and sway bars. Why not wait to see what goods come out during winter?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about coils, but I'm just upgrading for occasional autox and to take the mountain roads a little tighter. I was going to do springs first then swayed and wait to see if coils go down in price and get them further sown the road.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
When I swaybar'd before springs and struts it actually tightened it up as is.
I lowered... it felt about the same except now I have a harsher ride, cant climb over curbs, and rub a bit during autox

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I always recommend springs AND shocks first and then fine tune with sway bars. Sometimes the stiffer springs and shocks negate the need for bigger sway bars or only a modest bar increase is needed. Be very careful when comparing components on a different car. They don't always work on another car in the same way. A four wheel drive car is very different than a front or rear wheel drive car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts