Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would it take to adapt 00-05 springs and dampers to a 06-11 focus?
Omni kit but will the older style bearing plates work as well in the front?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yup - top plates & bearings need to match the type spring used.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if I use 00-05 springs on a 10 then I will need the 00-05 bearing plates. are those the same bolt pattern between the models?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Adding in '05 increases complexity, '00-'04 was the same but IIRC springs changed in '05 ('05-'07 should be the same).

Top mount plates stay the same AFAIK for all years, at least all parts listings I've seen call out the same one.

What changes is the bearing/spring plate setup for different diameter spring tops.

'00-'04 uses a large top plate & bearing.

'05-'07 uses a smaller top plate & bearing.

'08-'11 uses a combined bearing & spring mount (1 pc.) for the smallest top diameter.

New strut mount plate when doing the work is usually advised, saves taking it apart again later & avoids taking it apart & not having needed parts on hand for reassembly if it doesn't look good.

'05 is the oddball year, hence quite useful for upgrades. Struts from earlier years fit the knuckles, yet those knuckles fit the later (& SVT) brakes as well as the later (larger) ball joint studs.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The variation there is between ones set up for sway bars & those that aren't, with wagons having their own different version.

Early rear lower arms weren't reinforced for sway bars, while SVT & all later & replacement ones are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts