Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to upgrade the car suspension, I know I would have to get new sway bar for the back & front, new suspension with new spongers (coiler over I suppose), I'm not sure what else I would need to upgrade to have a better handling over all, what do you all recommend to purchase.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am running BC racing coilovers. Along with white line front end links and front sway bar. And then JBR rear sway bar with billet brackets. It great changes the car with just those modifications.

We also sell all these products on rebeldevilpower.com

JBR is not listed on the site yet but if you contact us, we can get you pricing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I currently have a Steeda rear swaybar and billet brackets, Steeda springs (still on stock struts) with front and rear tower braces and it handles much better than stock and is still decently comfortable of a ride

Also it would be helpful to know what you are looking for out of it (mines my daily not a race car lol) and hiw much you can or are willing to spend as there are a few good options in different price points
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
I am running BC racing coilovers. Along with white line front end links and front sway bar. And then JBR rear sway bar with billet brackets. It great changes the car with just those modifications.

We also sell all these products on rebeldevilpower.com

JBR is not listed on the site yet but if you contact us, we can get you pricing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using FF Mobile
It'll cost a little more then again its a one of the better setups.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently have a Steeda rear swaybar and billet brackets, Steeda springs (still on stock struts) with front and rear tower braces and it handles much better than stock and is still decently comfortable of a ride

Also it would be helpful to know what you are looking for out of it (mines my daily not a race car lol) and hiw much you can or are willing to spend as there are a few good options in different price points
Sent from my SM-G930V using FF Mobile
My car is a daily but I want to reduce body role and have better handling overall, price wise i don't really have limit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does any one also know of a good drum to disk brake conversion kit for a 2014 focus SE?
We sell the conversion kit at rebeldevilpower.com. Under the performance section.

I have the VMAXX BBK. Overkill for our cars and then I have the biggest Volvo rotor in the rear with mazda caliper bracket and hawk pads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We make rear Strut tower braces!

I have an RDC rear strut brace and mountune front strut brace

·
Registered
70 Posts
I seen this on rebeldevilpower website but wasn't so sure if this would actually help.
Honestly not sure how much help the rear bar is as I did springs and rear sway at the same time but if you have a hatch it kinda kills the usefulness of the trunk but

If you like where mines sitting I would recomend the Steeda springs. Coilovers add cost without much benefit for a daily unless you want to go low in my opinion.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
Great setup^^^.....Wilwood possibly has a 2 piece rotor for the rears.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly not sure how much help the rear bar is as I did springs and rear sway at the same time but if you have a hatch it kinda kills the usefulness of the trunk but

If you like where mines sitting I would recomend the Steeda springs. Coilovers add cost without much benefit for a daily unless you want to go low in my opinion.

yea i have a sedan, so it wouldn't really affect my trunk space but if there no real benefit then it not necessary to get lol and the coilovers, aside from not being that comfortable for a daily but it would help the car with turns at least to make it fun around corner? lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea i have a sedan, so it wouldn't really affect my trunk space but if there no real benefit then it not necessary to get lol and the coilovers, aside from not being that comfortable for a daily but it would help the car with turns at least to make it fun around corner? lol.
Yes coilovers will help handling but so will the springs I mentioned just at a lower cost. Coilovers give you adjustable ride height over just springs but at a higher cost was my point. I'm not tring to stop you just throwing in my two cents, I throw money at all kinds of stuff because I want to.

And I'm sure the bar does help some just not sure how much as did the whole rear of my car at once. It will reduce some flex in hard corners

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes coilovers will help handling but so will the springs I mentioned just at a lower cost. Coilovers give you adjustable ride height over just springs but at a higher cost was my point. I'm not tring to stop you just throwing in my two cents, I throw money at all kinds of stuff because I want to.

And I'm sure the bar does help some just not sure how much as did the whole rear of my car at once. It will reduce some flex in hard corners

Yea i got you chief, i appreciate the input, any input helps lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
My set up is fortune auto coilovers, whiteline rear sway bar (modified to fit my massive endlinks) and massive rear camber arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts