Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, new here. my brother needs some suspension work done with his car and asked me to look into it for him so here i am. he has an 02 focus sedan and needs to at least replace the struts but is considering more of a performance minded suspension.

from what i've seen i am unsure of exactly what fits his car, i searched for install info last night and got some good write-ups but still no definitive info on what fits. i was looking at the steeda svt suspension kit or the eibach pro or street kit, are there any good adjustable struts out there besides konis (don't think he is gonna spring for those, unless he likes them on my cav).

are the zx3 suspensions the same as for the sedans?

hey everyone thanks in advance for any info and feel free to offer suggestions or any info on these cars that i don't know, which will probably be alot.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
KYB AGX are a good, affordable adjustable damper. Any kit that will fit a ZX3 will fit a sedan, they are all universal.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I would say maybe KYB AGX adjustable dampers with Eibach Prokit springs. Is his car daily driven, a track beast, autocross whiz?

For a nice upgrade both in looks and handling without sacrificing comfort, risking wheel rubbing or scraping bumpers, I say Prokit. The springs give about 1.5" lowering on front and rear, gives the Focus a good looking stance without having to be paranoid of body damage on MI snowbanks[:p].

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.

it is a DD and i was looking at either the prokit or the steeda svt kit. he is more worried about driveability with rubbing of the tires if he gets dropped any. i figured that the kits would not give him any problems.

i have seen mostly if not all good things about the prokit and i recommended that already since eibach has a pretty good name, but the price of the steeda kit is pretty good, especially for what he is looking for.

if he can hold out til i get mine on maybe he will love the konis.

keep the info coming too, i can always stand to learn more about the car.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
The Steeda SVT kit? Do some price-shopping on that one if that's the choice, several good vendors sell the kit and sometimes they might beat Steeda prices?

www.mcnewsautomotive.com
www.newedgeperformance.com

Off the top of my head. SVT kit is nice since it's springs, dampers and swaybars all in one reasonably priced package. It's a subtle drop, but anything looks better than stock Focus height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the heads up. if you think the stock focus is bad you should see the stock height of my crapalier lol

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
deffinately the hatch more than the sedan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well for those of you still looking, he wanted me to add that it is driven all day everyday. right now looking at the svt kit or the pro-kit. those of you with DDs with these kits, preferably sedan drivers, how is the ride for an all day driver?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
depends on the person, but he has to have his trunk and rear seats. no room for the tanks in the trunk and can't delete the rear seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts