Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k this is my problem my car is low, i have 205/40/17's on it right now, dont know if it was a whole kit that was installed. i need more cusion cause when i hit bumps it hits hard. so i figure if i do the svt suspension kit i'll be able to fit 215/45/17's , im just looking for an easy fix but i love the way my car handles now. no body roll at all, and i need to be able to fit snow tires on it and at the moment the back wheels have a bad camber.....

can i see any pics of someones stock svt focus to see if i like the height?

is there any bad things about the svt kit?

just dont want to end up having my car to high for me

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Knowing what components you have now would be of great help as its not necessarily the fault of the tires. How many miles are on the current shocks? I'm guessing that someone put on lowering springs without upgrading the shocks. Short springs require shorter firmer shocks. Its likely the existing shocks are providing no damping and the hits you feel are the chassis on the bump stops. The SVT kit is excellent especially from a bang for the buck standpoint. It will only lower a non-SVT about a half inch a so but it also means you won't be on the bump stops.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea

i definately hit the bump stops. do you know if there is alot of body roll with the svt kit. any good accessories ideas that might be needed with it to make it handle good? i just cant have the 205/40/17's anymore hits to hard and i need more tire absorbsion

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Do you know what kit is on your car? TheSVT is a good setup. Its the stock setup for the SVT of course so it does have some body roll, but to get rid of some of it get a sway bar kit.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the best thing you can do for body roll is a stiffer suspension!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts