Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay im sure glad I found this site, there is mod shops who know anything about the 2.3 Duratec. I
I own a 05 St and I want to upgrade the suspension, I have read that the ST uses the same dampers as the 04 SVT, what about the springs? I want to tighten up the ride but since I live in Canada I dont want to lower it to much because the pot holes are bad in spring(due to bad winterss) I know the SVT suspension is .5 inches lower but I asmue thats due to the springs. Does anyone know if the St uses the same springs as the SVT?

I also got the 7 Years extended warrenty and the dealership said if they install the parts it would still be covered, I was told that Ford Racing makes good swaybar and strut towerbar kits?

Last thing has anyone herd anything about the Ford RAcing Dynamic damper&spring kit? Its the same manufactures as the Mustang 500C race car

Anyways thank you so much

Nathan

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
The dampers are the same as the SVT but the springs are not.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
whynotthinkwhynot said:
Someone catch me if I'm wrong (cause I can be) but I think the SVT suspension kit is one of those Fits all except wagon deals.

ZX4 [thumb]
That is true up to 05. The 06 models have a slightly different front suspension.

·
Registered
859 Posts
You can buy the SVT springs from Ford Racing, through the dealer, or watch the Buy/Sell forums here for a used pair and save some $$.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So then what kind of springs does a stock ST have? My ride is already pretty harsh, roads are by no means level over here so I'm happy with the suspension as it is

·
Registered
317 Posts
ST has the same springs as the other non-SVTs. The "harshness" is strictly related to the firmer damping. Not really harsh in comparison to other sport tuned suspensions though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone with the 06 ST that has the extra suspension package, does the Eibach sports lowering kit affect the ride much? I'm looking to drop it but I'm not sure if I want to ruin it??

·
Registered
279 Posts
The ST springs are different than other models. They are stiffer, and sit a tad higher.

I just put Eibach Sportlines on my 06' ST, I love them so far! I'll let you know about harshness after I drive it a little more. I'll get pics on saturday, too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ST suspension

thanks for the help, what do you mean the springs are a bit higher, im confused?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: ST suspension

Canadian ST said:
thanks for the help, what do you mean the springs are a bit higher, im confused?
The stock springs on the 06 ST sit higher than other model springs (SE, SES, ect.).

I'll be getting pics today. Oh, and the ride isn't as harsh as I thought it would be. It's not bad at all!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told if I got new springs for my '07 ST I should get new dampers as well, true? I'm looking at the eibach pro-kit atm b/c its only a 1.5" drop, is it available for the '07? Would the ride be more stiff than the sport?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts