Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put on Edibach Sportline springs...it looks sweet, But my ride for my 01 SE is gone.

I have heard of a Sportline Kit...what else is needed to complete my setup.
I live in Canada and our roads are [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! I need good suspension lol

thanx for your help...

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Shocks. You can get roush shocks which are Eibachs for pretty cheap. Also maybe sway bars but that will just make the ride harsher.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the sportlines are a big drop... your stock dampers are not enough for that kind of drop... Look into what type of ride you want and you can choose the dampers you like from there. Some are def stiffer than others. it's all in what you like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx...

what kind of dampers would you recomend? should i but from ford or find something on ebay or online?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
there are several diff kinds of dampers out there from pretty stiff to soft. Some are adjustable as well. I have tokico dampers i got from ford for my Frpp kit.. They are stiffer than stock but you don't "feel" it too much. and it handles waaaay better than before. you can pm b16sir1991 on here and see what he can do for ya.

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
if your roads are beat to hell, then I'd probably not recommend lowering it and installing performance shocks... it will be a rough ride for sure. I'd look at an SVTF setup. sway bars won't make for a harsh ride, but your shocks and struts will since they control the way the suspension responds when going over bumps. I have been thinking to get the KYB AGX sries adjustable shocks, but I've heard on the forum that even the softest setting is a stiffer than the stock SVTF shocks.

All and all I am very happy with my SVTF suspension.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the svt shocks are not stiff at all. So saying it's stiffer than them doesn't say tha much. My shocks from frpp are stiffer def and even my mom doesn't complain in the car.
plus he already has the sportlines installed.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I just installed H&R springs with Roush stage 2 shocks/struts a few days ago, 1.5"drop from stock, and the ride is a little stiffer than before, but the quality of ride and steering response is significantly better. Austin has some pretty rough roads, but the biggest difference is that I don't feel like I'm gonna drive off the road anymore every time I hit a manhole cover or other flaw.

Oh, and if You do go with Ebay, make sure You get Name Brand s/s, not some cheapo no name brand. You'll regret cheaping out on suspension, eventually Everyone does.

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
the roads get pretty thrashed after a long cold winter... water gets into the pavement and freezes... expands and breaks up the road surface... big pot holes. I wouldn't lower my car in that environment. at least make sure you have a good dental plan!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts