Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. need your help with a suspension problem on my 1.5-month old Focus. i hear a distinct sound that seems to be coming from the suspension somewhere around the front passenger side. hard to describe it, but it's like a ‘bubbling’ sound or somewhat like a low basketball dribble. it’s not loud, but it’s not something I expect to hear from a brand new car either. i hear it when i drive by uneven pavement (doesn’t even have to be potholes), like in our office parking basement where the cement pavement have slight undulations. what's weird is that from a cold start (say, in the morning) the car is perfect, but after about 20 mins or so on the road, i begin to hear the noise. seems like the problem manifests itself when something reaches a certain temp. it really puzzles me...

what could be causing the noise? i hope i can get some inputs from you guys [:)]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I have the same problem. Most cars I have driven do. I think it's just the sound of the tire running on uneven pavement.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer for ya.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It could be something with your tires after they warm up. I don't know, hopefully someone else has an explanation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts