Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay fellow foci members come this weekend I'm going to be tearing down my 2004 Ford focus zx3 and replacing them with the svt suspension kit from cfm and Moog parts from rockauto it's be greatly appreciated if anyone knew the torque specs for each item and whether it needs to be done under load or not. Thanks in advance

Front:
Struts and spring
Strut mount
Sway bar links
Lower control arms
Inner and outer tie rods

P.s will post pictures for anyone wanting to watch

Rear:
Shock and springs
Lower arms
Camber arms
Toe arms
Sway bar and links

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be taking pics soonish I have to slightly disassemble my front struts an put the strut bearings in because I forgot to buy the part like a dumb***

I do have a question for anyone paying attention to this thread.
Got the car alignment done n then realized I forgot the strut bearing now if I slight dissemble the strut to install the bearing is it going to duck the alignment up?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Technically I guess it could but I wouldn't worry about it. It would be very minor if it changed anything. I did something similar got an alignment done and then had to take the struts back out I didn't get a second alignment.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im crossing my fingers an going to try to just compress the spring loosen the bolt up top and pull the mount out put bearing an bolt the mount in push it back in with out removing the strut from the knuckle???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. Alignment is literally a smidge weird it's very light shakey around 70+
  2. Forgot to take pictures of the progress but here's a pic of what is pulled out an useable if anyone wants to buy it

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'm a little late in this an completely screwed up recording the suspension for the front but good news I remembered to record doing the back ??

So lady's an gents time to f*** up my rear end then fix it with all new parts

Stay tuned will be taking more pics

Noticed this harness thingy that's not plugged into anything what could it go to??? anyone know ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A half inch drop has absolutely no change which is nice cause living in New England with the pot holes an speed bumps ECT sucks ?

Good news though rear end project is all done here's the last of the pics

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts