Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the different shock and struts brands out there?? I need to replace the shocks and struts on my 2007 Ford Focus Wagon SE and I dont have many options to choose from. My options are Motorcraft,KYB, Monroe and Gabriel....By price the Motorcraft are the most expensive,followed by KYB , Monroe and Gabriel....dont need anything fancy but more or less close to oem... I wont mind a bit of an improvement on the oem......I am pretty sure my wagon will appreciate it :)

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
You shopping for a complete strut or you want to rebuild? Most complete struts are garbage. KYB is a good brand if you buy the Motorcraft top mount, kyb boot kit, and reuse the stock spring. The aftermarket springs are incorrect spring rate imho.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the KYB rear shocks,now I have to decide for the fronts. I am leaning towards a Motorcraft front strut assembly. That would maybe save me some headaches,unless the KYB are better better than the Motorcraft ???

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
I bought the KYB rear shocks,now I have to decide for the fronts. I am leaning towards a Motorcraft front strut assembly. That would maybe save me some headaches,unless the KYB are better better than the Motorcraft ???
I used the Ford Racing complete strut assembly on my SVT and have been happy. I would buy Motorcraft over the KYB complete struts any day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the Ford Racing complete strut assembly on my SVT and have been happy. I would buy Motorcraft over the KYB complete struts any day.
I was looking into buying Motorcraft for the front,the only thing I dont understand is why is the front right side more expensive then the left on Rock Auto.Any reason for that ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You shopping for a complete strut or you want to rebuild? Most complete struts are garbage. KYB is a good brand if you buy the Motorcraft top mount, kyb boot kit, and reuse the stock spring. The aftermarket springs are incorrect spring rate imho.
I would go fo the complete struts,just makes life easier, 3 bolts compared to a whole lot of drama and suspense....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts