Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was wondering what everybody thought about the comparison with the svt suspension compared to the saleen racecraft suspension or even the eibach stuff. I have the stock svt stuff on my svt but think I want to change. I dont want to go to low because I drive this daily and its snows in utah. And i like the stance of the saleen focus suspension. I just think the svt sits to high in the rear. Wondering if anybody has compared them and what they like performance wise.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If your not wanting to lower your car, than go w/ FRPP's SVT setup = damper's/spring's

I just was wondering what everybody thought about the comparison with the svt suspension compared to the saleen racecraft suspension or even the eibach stuff. I have the stock svt stuff on my svt but think I want to change. I dont want to go to low because I drive this daily and its snows in utah. And i like the stance of the saleen focus suspension. I just think the svt sits to high in the rear. Wondering if anybody has compared them and what they like performance wise.
If you don't want to lower your car I'd go w/ the stock SVT set-up then= FRPP's has your stock spring's/damper's. Hit up Steve @ Touley Ford, awesome service & a great guy! I'd go for the Eibach system over the racecraft part's, my self. My shop has had bad problem's getting saleen body part's= 3 saleen mustang hood's took forever & the rrocker panel's are cheesy, remind's me of the old GT-350's back in the day= hacked out!

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
The Saleen suspension is the same as the Eibach, the only thing different is the color.

It will handle better than the SVT suspension as it has stiffer shocks/struts and higher spring rates. Many times you get new sway bars with the Saleen/Eibach kits as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay so they are the same. has anybody had any problem with radles in the suspension in the svt focus i swear when i hit a road that isn't very smooth the suspension in the rear and front seems to raddle almost like something is loose and so then I make sure everything is tight and i cant find anything loose. Is it just the ford focus raddle??

And thanks for the info on the saleen and eibach stuff. with that do you have to get caster camber plates ect.??

·
Registered
119 Posts
What are your goals for the car? Like what does it do that you do not like?

If you are just looking for an improved ride then save your self the money and buy a set of good dampers. I put Koni Oranges on my stock springs and couldn't be happier with how the car rides and handles for the street.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just use it as a daily driver just hate the raddle that it has drives me nuts. and I would like to lower it in the rear but the front height is fine. I have my mustang to have fun in :)

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
well i just use it as a daily driver just hate the raddle that it has drives me nuts. and I would like to lower it in the rear but the front height is fine. I have my mustang to have fun in :)
I just put fresh stock shocks and struts on my car and what a difference, still won't lower the rear though.

The front noise could be bad swaybar endlinks, and for the rear rattle you might need some rear shock mount shims (nylon washers).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts