Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Need some suggestion.

I just bought a new 2005 Focus ZX4 SES 2 weeks ago. Love the car.

Since day one I notice cranking noise from the rear suspension when I stop the car a little hard (just hard enough to push down the spring) or when someone get into the car. I also hear cranking noise from the front when I turn out of the parking. It sounded like my old car. I don't hear the noises while running though. Are these noises normal? This is my first new car so I don't know if it needs some time to settle. Should I bring it to the dealer for service?

Any suggestion will help.

Thanks all.

CHG

·
Registered
124 Posts
CHG said:
Hi All, Need some suggestion.

I just bought a new 2005 Focus ZX4 SES 2 weeks ago. Love the car.

Since day one I notice cranking noise from the rear suspension when I stop the car a little hard (just hard enough to push down the spring) or when someone get into the car. I also hear cranking noise from the front when I turn out of the parking. It sounded like my old car. I don't hear the noises while running though. Are these noises normal? This is my first new car so I don't know if it needs some time to settle. Should I bring it to the dealer for service?

Any suggestion will help.

Thanks all.

CHG
Mine creaks the same way since I bought it in April of this year (an ex-daily rental with 16,712 on it at the time, now has 20,500km) Do you notice it only when the emergency brake is applied or does it happen all the time?

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you mentioned. I don't think it make noise when someone get on the car with hand break disengaged. That answer why for one of the noise. I will try later. But it still make noise when I stop and turn. Not all the time but happen quite offen.

Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Seems to be a normal condition. My ZX3 does the same thing. Mostly noticable when engaging the e-brake on an incline. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It sounds like some (hopefully) harmless noise from the rear drum brakes. I drive the ST (4-wheel disks) and haven't heard any noise from the suspension.

Any other ST owners notice a noise like CHG discribes?

EricR

·
Registered
478 Posts
Had my zx5 for a month now and it drove me crazy the first 2 weeks, Till I narrowed it my parking brake too.. Anybody know where to get an add on rear disc kit for the 2005??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts