Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just repaired the right front suspension on my 2000 Focus. I ended up replacing the steering knucle, control arm, inner and outer tierod, and upper strut mount and bearing. I also got new tires and had it aligned. The tech said the back was off too and had to do a four wheel alignment. He checked it out and said that the end links were tight and he checked the torque on the strut mount. Everything seemed fine he said. However occasionaly over some bumps in the road I get some knocking noises. It sounds like the ends links rattleing or the spring rattling, I just cant seem to pinpoint it. I checked the torque on everything and it all seems to be right on. My outer cv joint on the side is a little loose but I did not expect any trouble because it is very minor.

I am also getting a very low sounding rubbing noise. Sounds like the brake on the rotor but again I cannot pinpoint the sound. Would over torque on the hub nut create this kind of noise?

Thanks

Nate

·
Registered
352 Posts
Over torgue on the hub nut would destroy wheel bearings. I don't believe that is aplicable on this car though. I think there is a stop that only lets the nut go so far. Sounds like you have replaced everything that i have replaced. Have you checked motor/xmision mounts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts