Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i got 17" 7.5 wheels and 215/50 tires for the 2012 focus
Now i want to put coilovers on my car but my friend said that i should have got coilovers on first b/c they will not fit or create issues with my new wheels that I got I upgraded from the stock 16" so did i make the mistake of getting the wheels first or does it even matter at all

Any help would be awesome

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
you should be fine.....215/50 sounds about right for 7.%"wide could be a bit tall of a tire.... with coil overs atleast you can adjust ride height

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Most rubbing issues or interference issues are caused by the incorrect wheel offset, rim width or a combination of these two. There's not a lot of info (personal experience and reports) to just how much tire and wheel can be stuffed into the 2012 wheel wells or what the magic offset/wheel width/tire size formulas (how much can be varied) are yet.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
With an adjustable ride height, you can dial it down to have moar low, but still not rub. You should be good.

Just make sure you get an alignment afterwards, so you don't tear up your tires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i thinking of making the tire size a little wider at 235/45 17 but it might ride a little funny so we are gonna test it out and see what works and what kind of room i have with both tire sizes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts