Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uggghh, car is making noises on me... I really hate to say it, but my Focus has needed a LOT more maintinance than it should have, so far.

A week or so ago I noticed a moderate knocking noise when I turned my wheel all the way to either side. I'm not sure what could possibly be causing it. My springs also seem to be making noise. When I'm moving along at low speeds, usually less than 20 (probably the only times I can really hear it) there is a groaning noise that comes from the front of the car, whenever the springs would be feeling stress. When I got home, I hopped out and pushed down on the front of the car. Both the left and right sides made groaning noises that the back of the car did not. I haven't noticed any handling differences, but I don't feel like dying. There's these big turns that I love taking at 65ish because I'm stupid and love getting thrown against the side of my car (makes me proud that I have a focus), but there are cliffs and trees on either side and really don't want to have a spring snap on me and find myself flying through the air into trees.

The next time I parked I was on a slight incline (20 degree, maybe, front end up higher) and when I pushed down on the car to show a friend, it didn't make any noise, if that means anything...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts