Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I came across a couple deals. One is for shocks, springs, struts for a 2010 MK2 Focus for rather cheap.

Do you guys know if that suspension can go into a 2000 Focus MK1?

Also, can the shifter base be swapped from a 2003-2005 into an earlier model? I'm trying to see if that can be done in order to run one of the cheaper sts found on Ebay for those model years.

Noob questions - I know, but googling and searching the forum didn't come with anything concrete.

Thanks [wave]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Definite NO on the suspension, you'd need to swap in the knuckles, brakes & lower arms in front to make it work - AND need the rest of the hdwe. for those front struts.

Doubt it on the shifter, trans type may be different - what engine would tell the trans type. Might not be worth it even for a doable version if new cables are needed - lots of extra $ there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:-( well I guess that's too bad, but thank you so much for the answer.

If anyone is interested look up "focus" in the Portland CL auto parts side and there's a suspension with not (to me) miles for cheap. Good deals come around from time to time.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Just to confirm,
The front suspension will not work. The rear will though.

The shifter base will not work in a pre-2002.5 Focus. The 1 cable is different and the location on the shifter changed.
But if you change that cable (which are sold in a pair) then you could do the swap. JY is going to be the cheapest option here.

Also, a STS on the newer cars, only shortens the lever. On the older cars it moves a pivot point and shortens the shifter. Each car feels different with one but the early cars shift easier and the later cars just feel the same IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts