Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have a 2002 zx3 and I noticed that my front tires are wearing more on the right side (drivers inner and pass. outer sides) any ideas what i should look at to correct this, Im going to be getting an alignment in like a week but i want to know what this could be. Also are there any parts I should look into for better performance from my suspension/brake area? Thanks for the help and tips

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hey everyone! I have a 2002 zx3 and I noticed that my front tires are wearing more on the right side (drivers inner and pass. outer sides) any ideas what i should look at to correct this, Im going to be getting an alignment in like a week but i want to know what this could be. Also are there any parts I should look into for better performance from my suspension/brake area? Thanks for the help and tips
How many miles? Your most likey need dampers, so w/ that how far do you want to go w/ the better performance part? You looking to lower it, now would be the time, since it more then likey needs dampers. Jump on tirerack's site & get the Eibach sportline system= dampers/springs. Then get a 4 way alignment to set your front & rear toe.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Easy check, lift the front of car. Jack/jack stands. Craw under car and grab front half of tire and gently move it from side to side. See if anything is loose. Wheel bearings like to go out easily and will make your tires wear out prematurely.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Wheel bearings if good quality part used do NOT go out easily, they are pretty much bulletproof if you mind the rules. I've installed many and often with a HAMMER and no press and still have only fouled one, which upon tearing apart proved to have not one drop of grease in it to tear up in one day. Think about that when you opt for the cheaper Chinese bearing because you think you have no money, a mistake on bearings. After that the torquing up to the proper spec number will have more to do with bearing life than anything else you can do. I've got bearings out there that have been running for 20 years easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts