Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so when I drive on slick roads, I can't drive more than 40-50mph or my rear end will fish tail. Not only that, but when it's dry and I drive over uneven terrain... My whole car shakes back and forth. The ride is really crappy too. I'm running on stock tires/wheels now and a 1.8 in drop. Now these ideas came to mind. Minor problem could just be a reallignment after 20k miles. Minor problem could be that I have a 1.8 drop via progress springs. An average problem could be that my shocks/structs are going bad, of which i'm replacing with eibachs in the spring anyways. Another average problem could MAYBE?? be my sway bars or something out of whack. And a big problem could be that a control arm or other big suspension part is physically damaged. Anyone have any ideas? I plan on getting a reallignment, a new set of rims, rear camber kit, and a full eibhach shock/strut system in the spring. Also, last question, is it necessary to get a camber kit for the front or only the rear if you drop your car 1.8in?

·
Registered
875 Posts
What did you hit, and did you get the car checked out after you hit it?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hit a pothole 13 months ago that bent a wheel so bad that I got a flat tire, and ordered a new wheel and had it remounted at my dealership, so unless they checked it then, no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts