Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's my problem. I have a surging problem when I clime up the rpm band. Acts like a honda v-tec. I've replaced the dpfe and It still gave me problems. So I bypassed the egr completely still does it. Replaced the spark plugs and upstream o2 sensor and I checked to see if the o2 cheater was working and it holds constant voltage like it should. I checked my fule pressure and it reads around 38psi. Also my car threw a code saying it was running excessivley lean p2195. I cleaned my mass air flow, and when I replaced my plugs they were kinda white so my motor has been running lean. My mileage has gone down alot and I replaced my fuel filter about 2 months ago. Also my sftrim is -15 to -19 so my ecu is trying to lean out the system. Anybody have any suggestions on what it could possibly be. [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
first guess, pcv valve stuck open or the vacuum line to it has a hole.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replaced both the vac line and the pcv. I'm stumped!![dunno]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've done almost every simple thing i can think of.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
lemme kick it around the shop tomorrow, I'm friggen too tired to think tonight, gotta go to bed... I'll post something up if I get smarter tomorrow!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the same problem, mainly in 2nd gear when I'm around 4K. I've been told it's normal.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not normal beacuse my car throws a code p2195 once and awhile and the scanner I have shows me that it's running lean. Plus it never use to do this before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 2012 Ford Focus Titanium sedan, I changed the canister purge valve. My car use to surge like crazy, after I changed the purge valve it still surges but it is 90% less harsh......still looking for what cause the slight surge I still have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts