Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today, i was in the 710 freeway going pretty fast....tons of trucks and all.

so i rammed to second, floored it and moved over to the fast lane and then i see a jetta trying to catch up.

so it was trying and all but i knew i could beat it.

so i want from 3 to 5 gear and the jetta caught up to me but at that time, i was already slowing down from 110. I didnt realize how fast i jumped to that speed.

to get back to the jetta story, on my old mustang, it was pretty easy to pass or put some distance on integra, civic, jetta, camaro, etc. especially if my old mustang was helm compliant for oval track racing with 3.27 gears and a svt 302.

anyway,

does anybody here have a jackson supercharger for the svt. i know ford has been working with them to make it work.....i read on another board that he had one and dyno tested around 270 horses. I can't confirm this because it was another user who posted it.

anyway. I would like to have the little extra kick

any expiriences here?

http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/sprchrgrfoc.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
No way in hell 270 hp with the JR kit. Closer to 200 a little more I know people running it and a buttload of other mods and are still only getting about 225 or so from it. YOu have to figure out the MAF to get more since it maxes out before 270 whp.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is the Vortech kit that kicks it up to 270 at the crank. The JR goes up to like 220 at the crank I think? Twice the power increase for $800 more bucks. And that is on an otherwise stock engine. Upgraded MAF, injectors, blower pulley, custom tuning... it could shoot up over 300 without too much trouble at all, besides getting the tuning right.

Of course you'll need an extra $800 for that new clutch/flywheel...

·
Registered
237 Posts
JRSC said 204hp at the wheels which is about 239hp at the crank if you figure the stock car is 145 whp and 170 crank hp.

I have been thinking about the JRSC, it sounds cool. But I want to keep my warranty and I am not sure it you can with it??? The extra power would be nice...

·
Registered
59 Posts
From what I've been told, there aren't any problems with the Vortech at all. And as a bonus, you still keep the DSI, so you don't have to worry about the constant CEL coming on from the burned-out DSI motor. JR has since been including these spring-loaded sleeves to attach the DSI cable to, so the motor won't fry, but whether it will last or not remains to be seen.

The vortech is making about 250hp at the wheels on a stock motor. As for the warranty, someone who has one could better answer. I don't have one... yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The vortech and any other s/c is having problems with tuning. For the most part it's the limits of the stock MAF and the shitty Black Oak ECU.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Not silly Fun =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts