Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom, If you had to choose a supercharger work with, which one would it be. Personlly I was looking at the FS/VF charger, but after looking at the dyno sheet, i was thinking im almost making almost the same numbers N/A. Procharger dont seem very difficult to install, unlike vortech. and it put up some good numbers.

I suppose to be saving for a wedding, but she pushing it back for some years. ill put the money to good use.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I cant speak for Tom, but i do know that he likes the Prochargers. I honestly dont think, for the money, theres a better option than the Procharger. Most anyone that has minimal mechanical knowledge and basic hand tools, can install it in an afternoon.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been searching for pictures...never seen one install in a focus

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive been searching for pictures...never seen one install in a focus. i know know what needs to be moved moded.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
look on b16 pics

·
Registered
549 Posts
b16 i see you have a procharger, what kinds of 1/4 mile times do you get? back on topic: i too have heard nothing but good things about the procharger setup. that is what i am most likely going to get after a year of reading posts about all the others.

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
venomfocus said:
Tom, If you had to choose a supercharger work with, which one would it be. Personlly I was looking at the FS/VF charger, but after looking at the dyno sheet, i was thinking im almost making almost the same numbers N/A. Procharger dont seem very difficult to install, unlike vortech. and it put up some good numbers.

I suppose to be saving for a wedding, but she pushing it back for some years. ill put the money to good use.
NOOOOO! ! ! ! In my opinion the fs/vf SC is the worst SC on the market by far. The ProCharger is the way to go

Tom

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since i couldnt see anything...basicly everything is under the car?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would 10.5:1 CR would run into a problem?

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
venomfocus said:
would 10.5:1 CR would run into a problem?
More of a problem then 9.5 but nothing a SC and a good tune couldnt handle , with SC you want more compression then with a Turbo in my opinion

Tom

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
CAIS95 said:
i too have heard nothing but good things about the procharger setup. that is what i am most likely going to get after a year of reading posts about all the others.
I've read that the FMIC sits a little low, but other than that it should be fine.

I'd get the Procharger or Vortech unit myself - the Powerworks is way too expensive!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what numbers you up putting up?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
On a SVT or ST170, basically stock, you would see appx +/- 260hp at the tires and appx. 220torque at 10lbs.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I am getting into auto-x and the power of the Procharger and the way the power comes on would have been crazy on an auto-x course. I sold it and did some engine work to get a bit more all motor for auto-x. It wouldnt be as bad now that the Torsen's are out but its done now. I have thought of going back and just using an 8lb kit. Anymore than that i think would be kind of crazy on a course. PM me about your vacation...........

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i sould be putting up crazy numbers then. i was beating SVTF's when i had the stock exhaust manifold. to optimize the power should i change the udp? anything else i can do??

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes its going to be later, but its going to happen. why dont you recomend it? just curious

1 - 20 of 32 Posts