Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any supercharger kits coming out that would work on a 05 st. Im at a point where im deciding where to go with my car and my choices are forced induction or all motor and if there is a supercharger i may want to get that. If anyone knows what company may be developing one let me know. thanks

·
2,272 Posts
There are no supercharger kits available and no companies have announced R&D or any intentions to develop a supercharger for our engine. Powerworks made a prototype a while back but they scrapped that project. A supercharger would be nice because maybe it could be made legal in CA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i dont want to turbo my car cause i need it as my daily driver for a while. I think i may just do some other work, perhaps intake manifold, cams, throttle body, and header.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
would there be a way to mod one? i mean...if you REALLY wanted to I would think you could use a vortech (with some ingenious mounting or some other centrifigal one and just get your own piping bent. probably a lot more work than what you want, but hey...dare to dream.

·
Registered
237 Posts
it's times like these where I miss dating a girl who could change her own oil

except that made me feel somewhat like this....
[nutkick]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah i wish there was a supercharger. for some reason i prefer them over turbochargers.....i dont know what it is, but to me turbos just seem so....used..

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dont forget the reliability issues with turbos my friend at work had one on his RSX and he said that it was a waste of his money, oil leaks,too much torque, could'nt pass c.a.r.b., and just costs too much money to keep fixing. Thats what he said and that was the deal breaker for me so no turbo or supercharger(for the time being).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread but would do they make cams that won't void the factory warranty. Some how I believe that this answer is no...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i'm pretty sure they will make an s/c for these engines, i mean they just started using these engines as the main engine...no more svt no more zetec...all duratec.. i'm sure with time it will come.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I talked to Ricardo about 2 years ago and he that they were working on a turbo kit and a supercharger kit for us, well so far hes about to release a turbo kit soon and he also has a twin turbo setup on his 05 show car. I think that the only hope for us right now is F2 and focus sport, so stay on these guys and keep praying and maybe they will come through.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
dantegl36 said:
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread but would do they make cams that won't void the factory warranty. Some how I believe that this answer is no...
not trying but you did....[:)]
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Yes, if the cam's faulty installation resulted in valves saying Hi to the pistons, or just about anything relating to the valve-train... Anything other than that, like the HVAC, or your Head-unit stopped working will be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
For the original topic of this thread...

I don't think there will ever be a supercharger for the focus.
Research and design of a supercharger for a duratec just seems to be too much work, or something that causes it to be an absurd amount of money...

powerworks is the only company that I know of that went in development for a kit.

The duratec has been out for nearly 6-7 years now... People in the UK have done everything imaginable to the duratec, fitted into caterhams, and lotus bodies and such with ITB's and 300 whp Naturally Aspirated.

I just think that if there was ever going to be a supercharger, it would have been produced already.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Why would we really want one since the turbo kits offered by Hi-Boost kick in way down in the 2500 range- that's outstanding for turbochargers.

The oil leaks come from tapping the block for oil feeds to go to the turbo. There is a thread in the Duratec 2.0 Performance forum where FF's have asked Juan from Hi-Boost and Randy from FocusSport questions about their turbo kits. It's been a while since I read it, but I think some of these questions were already answered in that thread. IF not, we can always email the vendors and put the question up for answers.

If you tap a block or filter adapter, and it leaks, it's because you did it wrong. At least that's how it's been with me in the past, maybe some people are more consistently perfect than I am. [dunno]

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
akis said:
we can supercharged our ford focus check in the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah ok buddy you go back to ebay and buy that electic supercharger you have been drueling about.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
akis said:
we can supercharged our ford focus check in the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Careful what you say to him guys.. look at his FF# [ohcrap]

On a more serious note, I have to say I'm jealous since Grecian Fords are made in Germany, from what my Greek friends told me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts