Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im thinking of gettin the JRSC but where can i get a 8lb pulley for it and how much psi would i be gettin? they say it varies with the pulley u get..so anyone know? and how much fwhp would i have with that ..a borla cat back ..ford racing shorty headers..fc high flow cat..volant cai ..70mm MAF ...fc cam gears..crower stage 2 cams...and FC manifold? jw

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
1)the jrsc replaces the manifold
2)stage two's help on turbo...not much on roots blowers

an 8lb pulley...gives well hmm....8psi...hint lb=psi. as for front whp, high 170's...low 180's...you will also need fuel

you way want to check the archives, because recently there was a guy there that would make pulleys.

ps: hope your saving now...cause thats gonna cost some serious cash.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just talk to a speed shop that specializes in blowers and they'll get you a higher psi pulley. I mean, it probably won't be as simple as the Lightning to Cobra pulley swap, but something similar can be done, I'm sure.

An 8 lb pulley usually means 8 psi, I believe. Generally, for ever 17 psi, that's 1 atmosphere, which in turn is twice the horsepower total output. So 8 psi would put you at about +50% horsepower. So if all the other mods got you up to 140 horses at the wheels, then an 8 psi blower would put you around 210 whp.

Similarly, by deciding on how much horsepower increase you eventually want from your supercharger setup, you can figure out how much psi you want to run on the blower to get you that horsepower. So let's say you have a 100 whp Focus and you want a 300 whp Focus, ALL from a blower, that's a 3 times increase, which would require 2 atmospheres of forced induction, which would be... 34 psi!!!

Whoa.

Hope this info helps.

Sincerely,

Beetle

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
geekspeed said:
Just talk to a speed shop that specializes in blowers and they'll get you a higher psi pulley. I mean, it probably won't be as simple as the Lightning to Cobra pulley swap, but something similar can be done, I'm sure.

An 8 lb pulley usually means 8 psi, I believe. Generally, for ever 17 psi, that's 1 atmosphere, which in turn is twice the horsepower total output. So 8 psi would put you at about +50% horsepower. So if all the other mods got you up to 140 horses at the wheels, then an 8 psi blower would put you around 210 whp.

Similarly, by deciding on how much horsepower increase you eventually want from your supercharger setup, you can figure out how much psi you want to run on the blower to get you that horsepower. So let's say you have a 100 whp Focus and you want a 300 whp Focus, ALL from a blower, that's a 3 times increase, which would require 2 atmospheres of forced induction, which would be... 34 psi!!!

Whoa.

Hope this info helps.

Sincerely,

Beetle
too bad those numbers are bogus....he won't see anything close to 200whp

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR said:
ok thanks guys..but kickn..would i be better off with a turbo? cuz i want to get around 200whp or more...
you certainly would...because with the install and other components your involving, you are basically spending the amount of toms kit...most likely more

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
focusdriver: if you want more info anytime...pm me on aol

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa..i needed to kno that kickn..but..are there any other good turbo kits that r cheaper then toms kit? jw..like is the aerocharger turbokit good? n aight ill do that kickn..since u like a teacher to me lol haha..cuz FF is my school

·
Registered
22 Posts
JRSC real numbers

Ok to all that are just throwin out BS numbers here is the truth!

I have JRSC with 2.3 inch pulley,Ported and polished JRSC manifold and TB adapter plates, Turbo Toms MIC fuel managment and snow performance water/menthanol injection. People running the similar set-up with out fuel and water injection are making anywhere from 165-179 WHP. I should be around 180-190 hopefully with the ported manifold and water injection.
Also I am running stage 1 FR cams, 65MM TB, HF cat, JBA shorty, BOSAL full cat back and flex, Findanza cam gears, Findanza fly wheel, Centrforce clutch. Taking off the UDP set, having ASP make not only the 2.3 pulley but lighter standard size alloy crank pulley. All sadi and done, I bought the kit cheap used and was able to do all the add on for the JRSC regular price!

Ther out there used you can find em $1500 is a great price, there is one on ebay now!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
also the 7psi the JRSC pumps out is thats the max aloud for the stock injectors?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I thought 14.7 was 1 bar? Anyways, a good way to find out how much power your going to make under boost take the boost you want to run, divide that by 14.7, add 1, then multiply that be hopw much power you make NA. That formula is usually very accurate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guys the stock JRSC kit never makes 7PSI, 5PSI at WOT at MAX boost level if you are lucky. With 2.6 pulleys guys are only making 8 PSI max and on average making 6 PSI pull as a normal average PSI. You need to really work on the JRSC to get the power out of it. The roots type charger is not very efficent and tends to work better on larger displacement veichles. Such as 6 and 8 Cyl. Not to say you can not get it to work efficently with the right combination!

I will be posting all Dyno graphs and tuning results when I am completly tuned. Imp will be doing the tuning in paterson NJ.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actually u need to read the new FF mag, they hooked it up to a focus, that wasnt even broken in, n they got 7psi out of it, anymore would eceed the stock injectors, they dynoed up to 140whp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually I do not not need to read any mag, espcially one that caters to Foci. I have seen four kits already on the Dyno and have never seen one make 7 PSI! Never! As a matter a fact as you open up the exhaust and flow the PSI will go down and power will go up! That is a function of supercharging. The less restriction the less PSI. So unless you have had some extensive Dyno time on some differnet JRSC equipped cars, you know something I don't. I am not talking stock cars, I am talking modified JRSC kits as I originally implied.

Do you have a JRSC? HAve you had any Dyno time with it? Real world is real world, magazines are reading entertainment!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Thing with the JRSC is, after all your mods plus the JRSC and the water/methanol injection etc you may make 180 whp.

Definately not worth it, there are guys with bolt ons plus a cylinder head and cams making 175 whp.

The JRSC is just not the best setup for the focus. Should have saved your money and either gone for a turbo setup or gotten a vortech kit. Will definately make more power in the long run.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know I know mr. Jeff, But like I said I bought the thing used (a) for a fraction of the price, (b) really did not want to dig into the internals all that much (c) not have to worry about taking off the Turbo for inspection, You of all people know Jersey (d) wanted to keep my Carb EO sticker (even though it is not a stock JRSC kit anymore).

So what i paid for everything, I would have paid for the head and differnt cams etc....But did not want to have to sell my cams and buy new ones. You know how shity the stock kit is not denying it! Like I said needs a little tunning to get the power out of it.

The vortech kit w/aftercooler wa too pricey for a lump sum purchase, again i purchased things over a years time.

I was going to get the AC III, which is still not Card EO backed, but figured was the next best thing!

I figure with Tom fuel and the pulley set-up I can get the desired power, the next step is adding N20 to the kit, to provide even better charge cooling and even more addition WHP.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts