Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda thinking hat supercharging my svtf would be cool! it has 48,000 miles and I don't know much about aftermarket superchargers. Is it like a turbo where it would probably screw my motor to do it with the miles? I don't want to hurt the motor because it's my daily driver and I'm paying it off for a long time.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Probably will get moved to the FI forum but you can have a DD forced induction car, you just need to get a good tune. Turbos are just as reliable as a supercharger with proper tuning!

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
DO a little searching and look in the FI search. There are a couple of stickies that explain your options.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Is it like a turbo where it would probably screw my motor to do it with the miles? I don't want to hurt the motor because it's my daily driver and I'm paying it off for a long time.
wow. need to do some research. turbo's will not hurt your motor as long as you tune it well and dont over do the power. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] people are what make turbo's hurt motors. a sc is not any more reliable.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well the only "New S/C" out there any more known of is the procharger. The procharger is a tuner kit. A tuner kit would need injectors, tune and a couple other little things.

A turbo kit is just as reliable as a s/c. A turbo is a little easier to get more power down the road vs a s/c.

You can get New turbo kits for a good price. CFM has them F2 has them and focus-power has them also. Most turbo kits are tuner kits witch means the same as the s/c tuner kit.

A tune is the main heart for a turbo or a s/c. If I were you I would try to get it Dyno tuned.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yea man, 48K is nothing. I installed mine at 54K and currently have 123K on it now. Do some searching around here. Most people are going to say go turbo and if you have the money it is a more efficient way to make power. The only new supercharger kit you'll find is Procharger and for the money it is a great way to make power and is relatively easy to install. Also, a properly tuned s/c or turbo setup will do no real damage to an engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts