Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to go FI in the spring but I want to keep it simple. I'm not looking for massive powergains as driveability is still important because it will be my Daily driver. What is the most trouble-free, basic supercharger you can get for the SVT?
Thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
prolly the JRSC, but you won't gain too much power!! but it is easy to install, maintenance free for the most part and will last the life of the car!! cheap too.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I vote Procharger, not because I'm selling one but the ease of install and gains are alot better than just a stock JRSC. Ad you can easily go back to stock in a matter of 30-60 minutes if you choose.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
JRSC all you have to do is take off the intake manifold and bolt in the blower. you have to remove the altrenator to do this. then you have to change the tensioner and put in a new serpentine. put in the new fuel injectors if you have the BBK and voila, done. it can be done in 1/2 a day. and ur set. i don't know about the procharger, this dude can tell you.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Procharger...all you have to do is bolt up the brackets to the ac compressor, bolt up blower to the brackets, install new belt and injectors, mafia, mount intercooler run piping to TB and done.

·
Banned
143 Posts
wow is it really that simple? just plug and play? i thought you wouldve needed some dyno tuning and tweaking to ensure it doesnt blow up.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
A JRSC with a BBK comes with a 'safe' tune and is ready to drive once you get your PCM back from Ford.
It could be better, and it's quite rich, but still, it is very driveable right out of the box.
I have one, it's fun!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
basically, you can send ur PCM into FR, it is overnighted, tuned, then overnighted back to you, so you get the supercharger on monday. take out the PCM, install the supercharger, then first thing wednessday morning, ur driving a boosted car!!!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
basically, you can send ur PCM into FR, it is overnighted, tuned, then overnighted back to you, so you get the supercharger on monday. take out the PCM, install the supercharger, then first thing wednessday morning, ur driving a boosted car!!!
That's one thing I wish you could do for the Procharger. For tunability I give it to the JRSC.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
IMO the procharger is easier, because you don't have to mess with the intake manifold and the back of the motor where there is limited space.

Also Procharger = more power up to 300whp, it is intercooler so thats more efficient, there are so many pros for this setup.

JRSC youd be around 200whp

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the IM comes off in about 45 minutes!! really easy to move!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
It also depends on what kind of power you are looking for the JR will likely have more low end power as it is a roots blower and the powerband down low is generally more powerful. On the other hand the PC is a centrifigal supercharger which has a much smoother powerband that is much less peaky and seems to hold power higher into the RPM range. It all depends each would make your DD more fun and give you some power that the stock focus lacks.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u also don't have to upgrade teh clutch w/ the jrsc.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think if you are looking for drivability/ ease of install/ basic supercharger then JRSC is the way to go. Have you looked into powerworks? like the JRSC but intercooled

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have done the Powerworks install its the setup I have and let me tell you if your looking for something quick and easy to install it is not the way to go. I love the kit and its a great setup but it is not for the mechanically declined or those who do not have several days to put their car out of commission.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
From what I have read and seen a procharger set up looks easier to install....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts