Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here we go ill try this....

Ok so i installed my JRSC BBK about a week ago....mods are FS cool flo intake,65mm throttle body,screamin demon coil & live wires,ORP,hks exhaust.....Is there a break in period for the jrsc??? im guessing ive put close to 500 miles on it or in the next 100 miles i have....i am using waynes tune and so far its felt pretty good....the idle is very good....my gas mileage is another thing tho, from a FULL tank to half a tank i only have been getting 110 miles!!! and keep in mind thats %80 driving in vacumn i havent been that agressive on it yet in boost....well also because i still have the stock clutch and flywheel so im not trying to burn that up lol......But i just need some input on why my gas mileage is so bad....today i might drop off my car at my parents and send in my ecu to get the stock ecu reflash from ford racing and put in my stock cat because my exhaust is annoying at times lol....Do u think those 2 factors will increase my gas mileage?? Also to jrsc bbk owners....when your sitting lets say at 2 1/2 rpm's and u PUNCH at at WOT does it hesitate for a second then scream into boost? because my car seems to hesitate for a second then go....is this the tune? or supercharger kicking in? i need help :(

·
Registered
523 Posts
prolly wana get it dyno tuned. might be running rich.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, and get a wideband...since your 'tune' wasnt made on a dyno, theres no telling what your AF ratios are. I highly recc. the AEM UEGO Wideband. If you do some good internet searching, you can find it for ~$380.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Since this is about superchargers or has to deal with it, i dont mean to jak the page... but i've been wanting to get a kit for my SVT... What do you think is the best to get?

·
Registered
511 Posts
You will probably get more responses from the forced induction chat. WD, what say you??

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...Hey Envied , welcome to the world of Hi-performance...[thumb] My imput is wait acouple weeks to get some averages. 110mi on 1/2 = 220+miles on a tank which for a new "parasitic drag" SC isn't all that bad,did you also increase injectors?

·
Registered
152 Posts
...yea. I'm having similar issues (incl. minor, occasional detonation, worse' mileage, and very-very slight backfire). The FocusSport folks recommend a dyno tune via the XCal2. In fact, I may be doing this within the next couple of weeks. 'hope this was helpful. I'll let you know how it goes...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I have a SC question. If you get forged internals with like 11:1 compression, all bolt-ons, and stage 2 cams, would you be able to get crazy numbers (280whp+) on a supercharger?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
focalpointe...my ecu is going to ford rite now...should be back probably monday are these detonation issues serious? and or very noticeable? and how so do you recognize deto??i never experienced any problems with waynes tune for my xcal 1 so if i notice slight problems should i reflash it? let me know guys!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey there EnviedSVT. Detonation symptoms: When accelerating, you'll hear a rattling/clattering noise much like chattering tablespoons. It may be extremely subtle, and occasionally, it may be vigorous. In my case, it's mostly subtle; depending on what tuner you're talking to, you might be told that a tiny bit of detonation is expected with an FI application. But, if you can get a dyno-tune to work out the kinks (even if it costs extra money), you might want to go that route. Anyway, 'hope this was helpful...

·
Registered
363 Posts
My gas mileage sucks too. So I'm guessing that it is the supercharger. I also have the JR. I'm getting about the same gas mileage as you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
zolemite said:
My gas mileage sucks too. So I'm guessing that it is the supercharger. I also have the JR. I'm getting about the same gas mileage as you.
...Just think of it as driving around with the Airconditioning on ALL the time,without the cool air....It's the cost of choice of SC over Turbo...[:p]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
put the ford racing ecu reflash tune in! i dont hear any detonation! i personally think the driveablity is alot better now! ive gone 145 miles on a half tank versus 100 with waynes tune on half a tank, waynes tune i had alot of hesitation when i'd go into boost...everything is smooth....i need to get datalogs and A/f and send it to wayne so it could probably be even better :)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
xp0s3d said:
I have a SC question. If you get forged internals with like 11:1 compression, all bolt-ons, and stage 2 cams, would you be able to get crazy numbers (280whp+) on a supercharger?
Not on a Jackson. 220 is about it. The powerworks which uses a bigger blower Yes. V6 focus is making 267 with his powerworks, and it has room to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts