Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know this has probably been done to death, but i am coming into some money and i am thinking of really upgrading my Focus. i love turbo's but i see alot of supercharger kits for the Zetec. which one works better for that motor? i want a good street/strip car, so i am leaning toward the turbo.

·
Registered
571 Posts
its as simple as this. do you want it right out of the box on your car or are you going for power. power = turbo out of box=SC a SC can be easly run without a dino tune, a turbo you have to get tuned for your car or u risk blowing the engine. you are correct in the fact that if you look down the page, this topic has been beaten like a red headed stepchild good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Well, turbo is the way to go but the options for turbo are scarce.
1. The Roush turbo kit
2. Try and find a used Focus Power turbo kit
3. Total custom fabrication.

As you know with the superchargers there are more kits avaliable
1. Powerworks
2. Focussport/VF engineering
3. Jackson racing
4. Procharger

If you are going with the supercharger for street/strip alot of people on here
will recommend the Procharger Supercharger.

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
bruinsh said:
its as simple as this. do you want it right out of the box on your car or are you going for power. power = turbo out of box=SC a SC can be easly run without a dino tune, a turbo you have to get tuned for your car or u risk blowing the engine. you are correct in the fact that if you look down the page, this topic has been beaten like a red headed stepchild good luck with it.
NO FI IS SAFE WITH OUT A DYNO TUNE , A SC is not safe with out a dyno tune all forms of FI need to be dyno tuned to be safe

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I agree only a fool would run FI with a tune.

·
Registered
571 Posts
assumeing that he has a chip or a flasher, then most SC set-ups have pre-programmed setups from what people have told me. turbos on the other hand have to go on the dino. i could be wrong but this is how it was explained to me.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
well yeah the powerworks supercharger you get an ecu reflash that allows you to run boost safely withouth a dyno tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts