Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I was doing this fundraiser Car Wash for my work. While doing so I was talkin with someone who had a Nissain 300 modified. I was telling him that I was looking at putting Turbo in to my beastie (06 Focus ZX4 ST). His opinion was that a super charger would be better cause he doesnt think that a Turbo will give it too much HP. What do you think?

·
Registered
67 Posts
depends on what turbo, what electronics you use, and how it is put together, plus how much psi ! Go with the supercharger, their easier to put on, great outcome and sound great! My friend and I intalled one on his SVT and it took us a day, and another day to tune it, and he came out with over 235 hp, now thats with other upgrades such as exhaust, intake, cams, etc...

·
Registered
60 Posts
that powerworks sc kit is claiming around 220 and a 5 hour "easy" install

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
^^5 hours!? I wish... I know it's easy but I don't think it's THAT easy. Anyway, please please please search on this subject it's been beaten to death.

EDIT and as it stands there is no Supercharger kit for the Duratec motor. Only turbo. I've personally seen the FS turbo on a ST turn out a 224WHP and 202WTQ. Turbo will 99% of the time be more powerful than a supercharger.

·
Registered
237 Posts
How much does a good supercharger cost? And shit I have a Duratec motor.... maybe they'll give the Duratec's some love soon

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Powerworks did develop a SC application for that motor, but due to the complexity of the install (I think) they decided not to go ahead with production. I heard it had some sweet numbers too, sad for the dura guys, but there are more turbo applications coming out now.

·
Registered
479 Posts
PW install

16 hours to install according to the PW web site. Be sure to drop in a new starter & belt tensioner while you’re at it. (Replacing the starter with the PW in place is a pain).

·
Registered
60 Posts
my bad, i could've sworn it said 5 hours...maybe that was a different part. Boston...u really need to try searching the forums a little bit. There are links and topics everywhere on the sc kits and turbos.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Go with the SC.... if you want to be slow......

·
Registered
456 Posts
It does not matter anyways b/c at the moment there is no available sc out there for the dura and none of the turbos that are out are c.a.r.b. approved, so if you dont know a mechanic who can hook you up with that little sticker or you like taking you turbo off and putting it back on every year to pass inspections dont bother. They are training the cops right now to look for that stuff now, loud exhaust,no cats, illegal engine swaps, you name it they are looking for it. The sc is not as fast but at least its legal, you might want to wait for the mazdaspeed3 to come out. It has the same engine but its built for FI and its a 6 speed, and best of all it is c.a.r.b. approved with 250hp! dont know what it is at the wheels but this thing is a beast. sorry to ramble and good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
goober19 said:
Saturday I was doing this fundraiser Car Wash for my work. While doing so I was talkin with someone who had a Nissain 300 modified. I was telling him that I was looking at putting Turbo in to my beastie (06 Focus ZX4 ST). His opinion was that a super charger would be better cause he doesnt think that a Turbo will give it too much HP. What do you think?
...well goober, nissain owner must have been drinking the carwash soap again, cause he's got it 180* backasswards...How many Focus SC applications out there are making 350hp & 340 torque???
Besides he's only driving a nissan what does he know...[rolleyes]

·
Registered
666 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
Go with the SC.... if you want to be slow......
^^ What he said...[;)]

SC whine = sex

Turbo power = orgy

Nitrous = Hot girl with the hiv...you want to hit it, but you fear the consequences

1 - 13 of 13 Posts