Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the vortech kit that was in the BST section. Just got it in today and realized the supercharger was much larger than i expected. The guy i bought it from had bought the car with already on there so he knew nothing about the kit realy. I got to looking at the tag on the supercharger and it says it is a V-2, not the V-5 that they cam with. I thought it was going to be a straight forward install, but like every thing else i do thats never the case. Has anyone ran a V-2 on there focus and if so what do i need to look out for, or anything special to squeeze this massive thing in there. The guy i bought from said his was running 315 to the wheels with and overdrive pulley( don't know of any other supporting mods) so i assume the injectors are properly sized for the larger SC but if someone can tell how to identify the injectors that would be great.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
There should be a # on the side of the Inj post that and I/we can get you the sizes of the Inj they should be 60lb

You will also need a MAFia , xcal flasher , tune , High flow CAT

Tom

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be a # on the side of the Inj post that and I/we can get you the sizes of the Inj they should be 60lb

You will also need a MAFia , xcal flasher , tune , High flow CAT

Tom
Don't have a mafia, I Have a diablo for it if that will work, and i have a ORP which i assume should be just as good as a HF CAT.

There are multiple numbers i'll list them all 0280156095, 325521, 2m5v-ab.
Is this something that you could tune through data logging or would i need to be at the dyno for the right tune?
Thanks for the help Tom

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I think u still need a xcal tho to tune

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Don't have a mafia, I Have a diablo for it if that will work, and i have a ORP which i assume should be just as good as a HF CAT.

There are multiple numbers i'll list them all 0280156095, 325521, 2m5v-ab.
Is this something that you could tune through data logging or would i need to be at the dyno for the right tune?
Thanks for the help Tom
If I remember correctly that Inj # is stock 30lb SVT Inj and you will need at least 50lb and in a lot of cases you can get 60lb cheaper then 50

You will need a diablo MAFia

The Diablo you have is it a Diablo Predator ?

Yes I can remote tune it and save you the cost of a dyno and tune

Tom

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is a diablo predator. i guess i will have to buy some injectors, these are the ones the guy sent me that he was running, which could be why it is no longer running. i guees i will buy some 60# injectors and a mafia as long as my predator will work. Any idea what kind of boost this will make, i will be running a stock crank pulley with the 2.62 charger pulley and v-2 charger? And have you ever tuned a focus with a similar setup?

Thanks again

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to wait to install the charger but it was killing me just watching it lay in my living room floor.[?|] So i started the install. I would say I'm about 75% complete. Can't go any further right now cause i have to hunt down some missing pieces. have to get some special bolts for the pulley mount, the other half of the power steering line, and figure out where to mount the water tank or spend the money to buy the bracket from vortech.
but here's a few pics of what i got so far.

Before

V-2 charger

Not sure how the V-5 chargers fit but the V-2 is a very tight squeeze

Guess it's time for a new MAF housing or a larger one

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a supercharger for a 2005 Focus ZX5 2L?
There are a few people that make turbo kits for the duratecs for a decent price, but no superchargers. You are better off with a turbo anyway. My vortec should make pretty good power when its all said and done, but after installing this thing I honestly believe a turbo would have been an easier project. When and if this supercharger ever takes a crap i will go turbo most likely.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have a Mafia for sale if you want it :)

used once for about 10 minutes whilst tuning. In the box and everything.

they sell for 171 on CFM so i will sell it to you for 130....... let me know.

you should make some good power with that kit. Looks the goods.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a Mafia for sale if you want it :)

used once for about 10 minutes whilst tuning. In the box and everything.

they sell for 171 on CFM so i will sell it to you for 130....... let me know.

you should make some good power with that kit. Looks the goods.
Wish i would have known sooner, i already got a mafia from cfm. Yeah i can't wait to get it going, I'm working with Tom right now to get it tuned with out using the J&S. I am hoping for 250+ at the wheels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts