·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont have those yet , I have drove both Foci and can say they feel great , If I had to guess I would guess 180-190 but that was on a lower boost , unlike any other SC out there you can adjust the boost on these

Tom

·
Registered
582 Posts
And unlike a roots style, you retain your choice of intake manifold and header. That's awesome.

Anyone have links to more info on this kind of charger?

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So this thing uses oil pressure to spin the turbine? Will this also work on mk3 Duratecs?
Close , The SC is spun from the PSI from the Power Steering pump that your already turning and already making enough psi to turn the SC so there is very very little loss in TQ like most SC have

To work on a MK3 a PS Pump would have to be installed , Idler installed and longer belt , then yes it should work fine , I have looked and there looks to be a place for both

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And unlike a roots style, you retain your choice of intake manifold and header. That's awesome.

Anyone have links to more info on this kind of charger?
I am posting all the up to date info there is on it , They have never been sold yet and this is the closest it has come to go into production

Tom

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So how does fluid heating and loss of PSI play into this?
When I drove the 2 Foci I noticed no loss of psi at all and there doesnt seem to be any Pwr Str fluid over heating

I will ask but dont feel either are an issue

Tom

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I guess i just didnt really know what i was looking at in the install video. So you are saying this runs off the power steering pump?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts