Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a supercharger for a 2.0-3.5 L engine, it says for a Toyota or GM but I’ve hear it should work for any 2.0. It’s a aisin sc-14. I was wondering if that would work on my 02’focus svt given i set it up right and everything. Would that be fairly easy. I don’t want a turbo, I like the supercharger whine and as far as I know the Jackson racing supercharger is an endangered species 😂 also going for budget and was gonna go get the car tuned after I put it on. So I guess my main questions are; 1) are the stock injectors big enough? 2) is my intake manifold gonna be good enough? 3) will I need any internal engine upgrades? Really I just want the car to have maybe 200-220 hp. Would this get me there?

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
If you had mad fabrication skills only would it work, that wont be easy at all. You'd be better off hunting down a supercharger kit if that's what you want. I think the Powerworks SC was the better one.

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
51 Posts
The SC14 was remote mounted on the Previa, with an air-air intercooler. With the right pulley, bracket and piping, you can do it. The Miata guys say that remote mount with air-air intercooling can be as laggy as a small turbo. A second throttle body has been used to help with that.
I'd love to do this for my Duratec wagon, for that scream as much as anything (plus an extra 40% power, with torque down low.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Previa is hard to get to with low boost potential. You could pretty easily set up a Eaton m62 or m90 off of any early 90s gm with some mild welding and piping. Honestly it’s not worth it to boost an SVT too many are fked with already. Keepem stock I say!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I found a supercharger for a 2.0-3.5 L engine, it says for a Toyota or GM but I’ve hear it should work for any 2.0. It’s a aisin sc-14. I was wondering if that would work on my 02’focus svt given i set it up right and everything. Would that be fairly easy. I don’t want a turbo, I like the supercharger whine and as far as I know the Jackson racing supercharger is an endangered species 😂 also going for budget and was gonna go get the car tuned after I put it on. So I guess my main questions are; 1) are the stock injectors big enough? 2) is my intake manifold gonna be good enough? 3) will I need any internal engine upgrades? Really I just want the car to have maybe 200-220 hp. Would this get me there?
I posted a similar response to GravediggerDad who is also looking for a supercharger kit. I have a Powerworks Supercharger kit, but one that was for a regular Focus ZX3, not the SVT. I own a 2004 Focus SVT. It is a very long story how I wound up with the Supercharger kit that was installed on my car for 5 years, but was never run, with my car winding up with Tom Lesperance of Focus-Power to try to sort out the mess I created. In the end, I wound up with a turbo kit, and Tom still has the supercharger kit that I asked him to sell for me because his better equipped to handle the shipping. Tom only works on Focuses (Foci?) and was able to track down all of the missing parts that were preventing my car from running in addition to removing a bunch of the aftermarket parts (which required I ran race fuel 24/7) and replaced them with original SVT parts. Tom sells Focus turbo kits and does tons of Focus dyno work. He is very knowledgeable and would be able to easily explain what modifications would need to be made to put this base Zetec Powerworks Supercharger on an SVT. If you are interested in learning more, please free to contact Tom directly at Focus-Power.com (704-249-3745 or [email protected]) or respond back to me. Tom is very prolific on Focus Fanatics and goes by the handle 1turbofocus. In fact, Tom is using photos of my Competition Orange SVT in his posting for his DIY Turbo Kit under the "Vendor Member Section > Focus-Power Tuning" forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts