Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JRSC on my SVTF and I was wondering what kind of bypass valves work or do they already come with an adjustable one. I'm going to install the BBK and set the bypass valve to about 10psi to get higher boost in lower RPM.
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Boost is a direct correlation of supercharger rpm. You cannot adjust boost in this way. With the BBK, you will be at around 10 psi anyway.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The only way to adjust the boost on a supercharger is to change the pulley. The bypass valve is open under normal driving to let air literally bypass the supercharger into the intake so it's not getting compressed. As soon as you hit the gas and there's no vacuum, the bypass shuts and you get full boost.

It is possible to adjust the bypass valve so even when you're on full throttle it remains open slightly letting air through so you get lower boost pressure, but again you can only adjust for less boost, not for more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boost is a direct correlation of supercharger rpm. You cannot adjust boost in this way. With the BBK, you will be at around 10 psi anyway.
The BBK is meant for 16 psi but with all the ehat the SC generates it become much less effiecient. I would use watermeth in this case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts