Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for the guys this may happen to. Not only as a problem solver but as preventative maintenace. The Jackson Racing Supercharger has a bolt that holds a bracket to the alternator. The bolt is located on the snout side of the supercharger at its base. Keep it tight. If it becomes loose it can cause the alternator to go out. (mine did) But if the bolt comes out the alternator will drop (mine did) and fall on the oil filter. Cracking it, blowing oil everywhere etc...

PS if you have to get a new alternator, MAKE THEM TEST IT BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN, (i didnt) its a pretty grueling process to pull the supercharger and replace the alternator. You dont want to replace it and find out the new one you just put in doesnt work either and have to start from scratch.

If anybody has questions about a change or the like. Give me a shout. I'm pretty familiar with it now LOL

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
yea ive heard of this before..... that sucks dude hopefully it doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
387 Posts
yeah mine messed up i dont know if that was the reason but a coiuple weeks aftter i put it on its started going out it really sucked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts