Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I just created my account to make this first post :)

I've been driving my 2013 GDi Sport since -well, 2013 obviously... And I've finally gotten to the point that I feel it needs a good performance upgrade. Unfortunately I am extremely new to all this so I don't even know where to begin...

Any advice would be appreciated, especially in terms of best bang for buck upgrades.

Like I said, I actually have no idea about any of this, but I've always wanted to learn.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thread revival lol. I'd say go for some bolt ons and tune for sure. Lots of info here, just gotta find it.

I didn't know a sc was an idea being pursued. Any updates or did this idea die like the ttr mani?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thread revival lol. I'd say go for some bolt ons and tune for sure. Lots of info here, just gotta find it.

I didn't know a sc was an idea being pursued. Any updates or did this idea die like the ttr mani?
Haha! Any chance you could be a little more specific in terms of bolt ons?

·
Registered
133 Posts
My process for upgrades has been
1) typhoon k&n (I liked how it looked so spent the extra dough)
1.5) 3d printed the ford racing snorkel to pull air from behind the grill rather than the upper bumper
2) tinted windows (not performance but man it's hot in Florida)
*working on now*
3) exhaust headers (obx is an easy option but dont bother if you tjink youll go fi with a turbo later)
3.5) Tom's tune (necessary if you're running headers or else you'll run too lean)
4) fswerks stealth exhaust (normally flip #3 and #4 except I got a good deal on the headers)

It should also be mentioned that any focus older than a '15 would greatly benefit from a e-rmm upgrade or even the rmm insert which the latter is only like 15 bucks. That will help put more power from your engine to your wheels under hard acceleration.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Any updates on the hydracharger, Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this thread died a year ago, but if you are still looking, I think this is a build done with one of the rotrex superchargers. Everything is probably custom, but it can work.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Where's the blower at?

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is interesting I would love this option rather than turbo. I mentioned some time ago that the Caterham uses our 2.0lt NA with super charger so there is something out there. I’ve looked at getting the above super charger and mounts but no one will see it as a kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
298 Posts
61 - 80 of 86 Posts