Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so hey I got a sunroof in my hatch, and I am the type that always forgets its open. I am interested in building a circuit that closes it automaticily when it rains any one have any ideas let me know. I have a book that talks about building a rain sensor for it and that is something I dont have the equipment for I think. Does anyone know where i can find a sensor like this?? thank you.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
wow, sounds pretty involved.. i'd probably just put a post-it on my passenger window to remind myself

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is an option maybe only by region but if you are crazy you can install one yourself

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah i want to install one i seen it done a tv but they make it look so easy.

you can get a senor like that from a mercades or cadilac i think they both have wippers that have those sensors, find a wercked one and rob all of the wires and stuff

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
man i wish i HAD a sunroof on my foci...kind of off the topic buh why did only some foci get a sunroof?...why
On my 2003 I have the Power Premium package which is power everything including a sunroof.

Not sure on other years though.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Haha mine broke recently... only one side of the button wants to work any more, it won't slide back. [hihi]

Good luck. It will prob be expensive for that rain sensor and an un-fun job wiring everything up.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I don't see it being that far fetched of an idea. Perhaps there's already a kit in the making we don't know about yet.

seems like we take a lot of ideas from high end luxury cars like BMW's halo's.

I have a crank sunroof (01 S2) so no dice there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts