Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys and gals.

So when I went to bed last night I had apparently left the windows cracked and the sunroof cracked. When I tried to close the sunroof this morning, it wouldn't budge! The button seems to work one way, like it would be able to crack itself but not close itself. The only two things I can think of would be an attempted burglary but there are no other scratches or marks around the opening, or some dew got into it and short circuited something, but I figure that equipment should almost be all weather. Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
I had my sunroof jam in my fofo when it was still very new. It would go up avlnd down but not back. In short I had the dealer fix it, I love warranty.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There is a procedure in the owners manuel to reprogram the sunroof, most times that is all you need to do. This has also been discused many times on FF so do a search to find those.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I'll help you out so you don't have to search

This is straight out of the manual....

Relearning function:
In case the moon roof does not close properly anymore, follow this relearning procedure.
• Tilt the moon roof into the vent position as far as possible. Release the switch.
• Press and hold the same switch again for 30 seconds until you see the moon roof move.
• Release the switch and immediately press and hold it again.
The moon roof will close, open fully and then close again.
Do not release the switch before the moon roof has reached the closed position for the second time.
Safety mode:
If the system detects a malfunction, it enters a safety mode.
The moon roof will move about 0.5 seconds at a time and then stop again.
Press the switch again and again until the moon roof is closed.
Have the system checked by your Ford Dealer immediately.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Good thing I found this :D I was about to buy a new switch :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
^ same here! I just saw this linked on another thread. My sunroof was working but only one button worked and cycled through all functions. Now I'm back in business, much less annoying!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts