Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend and I headed out of Santa Cruz this morning at 5:30 AM to do some recon for a twisty day we're planning in a few months. Worked out great, air was cool, roads were dry, no cars around, and great scenery as the sun broke the horizon. The pictures do about 1/10th the justice of the beauty of the valleys with the first rays of sunlight hitting them.

First signs of light in the valley below the east face of the mountain, plus a sign I wouldn't mind having on my wall.

Here's a picture from the peak of the mountain looking over the entire bay area. On a clear day you can see from Gilroy to Oakland. In this picture a blanket of fog is covering San Jose, Santa Clara, and San Francisco.

We were all alone on the summit, sharing a beautiful sunrise with this enormous crow.

Here's a view of the West face of the mountain with the road going down.

Patrick's mocha didn't agree with the ride to the summit. [:D]

View of the valley.

One of my favorite turns on the West face.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Wow.. Beautiful up there.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

The only water that would be viewable if the fog wasn't there would be on the far upper right side at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay. 90% of the fog in the picture is covering San Jose and surrounding cities. We went under the fog layer about 5 minutes before the base of the mountain.

Here, I found a pic from a twisty day last year with no fog:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm JEALOUS!!! I have some roads like that around here, but none with a view like that at the top. Nice pics and Foci![thumb]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
wow thats some great sceneray, and last pic in first post, i love all the rubber burn marks

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Oh man. Beautiful.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
awsome , I've driven that road when i was stationed in Alemeda like 8 years ago.
thats a fun drive[}:)] great pic.s[8D]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
omg, that road looks like pure sex,

how often do they have cops and ambulances on that road cleaning up after someone when they past themselves on the face of a cliff?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts